Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: True Detective, Night Country
Finally, something good to watch in the sea of streaming shit out there. Episode 1 was good. Jodie Foster wore a Vikings pullover!  :p

[Image: GD2yfuRWYAAnbvy.jpg]

We were just talking about this one...

Try the latest season of Fargo on FX - VERY good, creepy too. 

The trailer looks great. I can't watch things one show at a time, so I'll probably wait till I'm a few down.

Saw Society of the Snow last night. Probably the 10th retelling of the Uruguayan rugby team's plane crash in the Andes, but this is a story I've been obsessed with ever since I read the book as a kid.

This one was easily the best.  All actors from the area. So you don't have Ethan Freaking Hawk playing a guy named Fernando Parrado like in the 90s version. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
We were just talking about this one...

Try the latest season of Fargo on FX - VERY good, creepy too. 
Great season of Fargo this year.  Last episode tonight.

We have been enjoying Fargo, one of the better seasons.  Also just getting into The Bear, I like it more than I though I would.  It has a Black Donnellys feel to it, but not gang/mob centered.  Looking forward to this season of True Detective.

Cancelled Max after Succession ended and don’t think I’ve missed much since. Is the new season of True Detective worth re-upping for? I’ve always liked HBO shows but idk if it’s the writers strike or the Discovery merger or what, but they don’t seem to have as much in the way of new programming lately.

I liked the Tokyo Vice show they had but season 2 has been in development for years and still isn’t out. Seems like things are kind of a mess over there right now. I hope they can right the ship because when HBO Max first debuted it was easily my favorite and most-watched streaming service. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Cancelled Max after Succession ended and don’t think I’ve missed much since. Is the new season of True Detective worth re-upping for? I’ve always liked HBO shows but idk if it’s the writers strike or the Discovery merger or what, but they don’t seem to have as much in the way of new programming lately.

I liked the Tokyo Vice show they had but season 2 has been in development for years and still isn’t out. Seems like things are kind of a mess over there right now. I hope they can right the ship because when HBO Max first debuted it was easily my favorite and most-watched streaming service. 
Most of the new programming is coming from places like Spain, Poland, England, etc. Yeah, the writer's strike has caused a lull.....but Netflix also said they are cutting back by like 11% new programming. Finding new documentaries is like uncovering a needle in a haystack. 

We just watched one last night on Max: 'Chowchilla'. Its about the 1976 kidnapping of 26 kids and the bus driver in California. Pretty wild. These poor kids have lifelong trauma from it. 

So this has been.....disappointing. Excellent acting, that's been very good. The storyline? Thin and elongated. One episode left and we don't even know what has killed these scientists and members of the community?? Stupid. They haven't developed the villian/entity enough for angst from the viewer. And I wish we had a bit more chemistry between Jodie Foster and Kali Reis. That's part of what I've enjoyed in past parts of the franchise. Foster's character is just a smidge too much bitch and anger. 

Sigh, I had high hopes. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
So this has been.....disappointing. Excellent acting, that's been very good. The storyline? Thin and elongated. One episode left and we don't even know what has killed these scientists and members of the community?? Stupid. They haven't developed the villian/entity enough for angst from the viewer. And I wish we had a bit more chemistry between Jodie Foster and Kali Reis. That's part of what I've enjoyed in past parts of the franchise. Foster's character is just a smidge too much bitch and anger. 

Sigh, I had high hopes. 
So true.  It had a lot of promise but it hasn't developed enough and the writing is sliding downward.  Good concepts but failure in execution.

Bummer. I’ll still watch it eventually but this doesn’t sound like it’s THE show to get me to re-subscribe to Max. Was hoping it would be. Sigh is right. Maybe the next show…