Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffalos Choke ability makes our
Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@Havoc1649 said:
Chiefs are my secind favorite team because they are only about an hour further from me than the cities. However, part of me wanted the Bills to win because of their snake bit histiry is the same as ours. 

The Bills not only hung in there, they missed opportunities to win. Josh Allen played his heart out, but he missed so many passes with overthrows.  On a number of the gazillion check downs he threw, he had guys running wide open downfield. He also ran a couple of times under the same circumstances where easy completions were staring him in the face. 

I like Allen and his physical driven style of play is fun to watch, but he’s also a guy who still has a ways to go as a QB making good decisions. Sad to see a kick do them in, but in reality it was far more than that. 
If he would have taken the shorter passes underneath that were open toward the end things may have worked out better. Both of those bombs should have been caught, but they are still long odds plays. Easy to second guess but I see it as a bit of a hero ball type decision.
Diggs dropping that bomb in his hands at the end of the game was BIG miss. 

I am from the area and they are my 2nd team, so get to experience extreme choking twice a year!  It is amazing how the franchises are alike, both awesome franchises and teams that just somehow create a way to lose the big games consistently.  
Josh Allen has been playing long enough to know that the 2nd down throw on the last series has to go for the first down (Diggs was wide open) and not to the end zone.  They could not stop KC, so even if he gets the TD there, KC would have had plenty of time to score as well, have no idea how he was not thinking another first down and drain the clock. 

Josh Allen reminds me of Mike Tice... a meathead. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Not sure I disagree...

Although Ticey wont be counting $47mm against the cap this year  :p

Worst of all? Allen tried to play hero ball at the end with those tosses into the end zone.

Mahomes got in his head.

Buffalo had plenty of time left and minimally Allen could have gotten the ball closer with some shorter throws and made it easier on their kicker too.

Now his receivers didnt help him at times, but when the dust settled?

Buffalo; ZERO explosive plays, KC; 8. 

That is his legacy today, right or wrongly. 

In yesterday's game, Josh Allen broke a record for the most passes completed behind the line of scrimmage (16). He was 10 of 21 on all others. Of the 10, 8 were between 0 and 5 yards. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@mgobluevikes said:
In yesterday's game, Josh Allen broke a record for the most passes completed behind the line of scrimmage (16). He was 10 of 21 on all others. Of the 10, 8 were between 0 and 5 yards. 
Well, thats just like Kirko Check-Down Chains!  :p

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Except for Josh, it's actually true. Or at least it was in this game. Judging by the the tone of your sarcasm, I'm sure you know that Kirk consistently ranks near the top in long passing stats and near the bottom in checkdown rates. Yet another of the many ridiculous Kirko myths. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Except for Josh, it's actually true. Or at least it was in this game. Judging by the the tone of your sarcasm, I'm sure you know that Kirk consistently ranks near the top in long passing stats and near the bottom in checkdown rates. Yet another of the many ridiculous Kirko myths. 
The best thing ole Kirko did for his image was get hurt, then watch the Vikings trot out Dobbs, Hall and Mullens. Ok, maybe the shirtless Gjallehorn too. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@mgobluevikes said:
The best thing ole Kirko did for his image was get hurt, then watch the Vikings trot out Dobbs, Hall and Mullens. Ok, maybe the shirtless Gjallehorn too. 

Did you forget about last year's and this year's actual play? 

@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@mgobluevikes said:

Did you forget about last year's and this year's actual play? 
I think PF's point was that Kirk could play lights out all year and there would still be people who don't buy it. Sometimes it takes the absence of a thing to appreciate the true value of a thing.