@supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:
Yeah, a great college coach always makes for a great pro coach. 
I know, I can only imagine what he would do in the NFL . . 

Maybe take a below average team and turn them into a monster to compete in NFCCG 2 out of 3 years, with a Super Bowl in between.
Makes ya wonder why they pushed him out in San Francisco. He said it himself. It wasn't his decision. Why? Why would the world's best-ever coach get pushed out? 
The 49ers were 6-10 the year before they hired Harbaugh. Harbaugh was 44-19 in San Francisco with two division titles and a Super Bowl appearance. Totally transformed that franchise, and did it quickly. He was pushed out because of a clash with then GM Trent Baalke and whispers of him jumping ship to Michigan every year. I think it was a mutual parting of ways but reads as he "was fired." As we know, when the GM and head coach don't see eye to eye and aren't on speaking terms...it's a problem 
Baalke has a rep as a total dbag.  I don't get why fans are so terrified of a coach who actually wins everywhere he goes.  KOC was a total unknown who is showing us a lot of flaws right now.   His best skill is pumping hot gas at the presser after the game.

People here loved Mike Zimmer and he never won shit and was abrasive as hell.  How does Harbaugh get some higher level of Viking fan look-down-your-nose than that guy?

It's weird that fans ( and owners) of a franchise that hasn't done dick for 45 years are out on the guy who might have turned that around.  
Exactly. You will always have those that will try to justify anything and everything the front office does, even when it was wrong 
You will always have those who shit on absolutely everything the FO, coaches and some players do. When they muster a compliment it's backhanded and serves to further shit on another aspect. It's almost like they aren't happy unless the team follows their Madden GM mode off-season plans.
I suppose it goes both ways, but most here are objective and give both praise and criticism when warranted. We are coming off a 7-10 season and it's fair to question some decisions that have been made to this point and the result of those decisions. People can do that without it being labeled "Madden GM offseason plans." 

Agreed it goes both ways. Agree most are subjective and give praise AND criticism.  However, in pushing 30 years on various Viking message boards I have yet to interact with someone who calls themselves subjective , who's actually subjective. That phrase is typically code for "I lean almost totally negative or positive, if you don't agree with  me you're not subjective".

I agree there's lots to question this off-season. But let's bring some new material to the discussion rather than belaboring the same points that the same people have repeatedly beaten into oblivion and back for multiple seasons. 
And what "same points" might those be? 

Lol, if you don't know what I'm talking about someone may be logging into your account behind your back. Your account regurgitates the same things over and over. Posters on here know exactly what threads you'll be active in and exactly what you're going to remind the board of that you've made everyone well aware of multiple times prior. 
If you don't like valid criticism of everybody's favorite GM then just ignore it, or comprehend you are on a fan message board, which I shouldn't have to remind you since you've been trolling on such forums for 30+ years lol. We are a 7-10 football team with a lot of holes and a lot of question marks. If you don't like it, buckle up...because the offseason is just getting started. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:

Maybe take a below average team and turn them into a monster to compete in NFCCG 2 out of 3 years, with a Super Bowl in between.
Makes ya wonder why they pushed him out in San Francisco. He said it himself. It wasn't his decision. Why? Why would the world's best-ever coach get pushed out? 
The 49ers were 6-10 the year before they hired Harbaugh. Harbaugh was 44-19 in San Francisco with two division titles and a Super Bowl appearance. Totally transformed that franchise, and did it quickly. He was pushed out because of a clash with then GM Trent Baalke and whispers of him jumping ship to Michigan every year. I think it was a mutual parting of ways but reads as he "was fired." As we know, when the GM and head coach don't see eye to eye and aren't on speaking terms...it's a problem 
Baalke has a rep as a total dbag.  I don't get why fans are so terrified of a coach who actually wins everywhere he goes.  KOC was a total unknown who is showing us a lot of flaws right now.   His best skill is pumping hot gas at the presser after the game.

People here loved Mike Zimmer and he never won shit and was abrasive as hell.  How does Harbaugh get some higher level of Viking fan look-down-your-nose than that guy?

It's weird that fans ( and owners) of a franchise that hasn't done dick for 45 years are out on the guy who might have turned that around.  
Exactly. You will always have those that will try to justify anything and everything the front office does, even when it was wrong 
You will always have those who shit on absolutely everything the FO, coaches and some players do. When they muster a compliment it's backhanded and serves to further shit on another aspect. It's almost like they aren't happy unless the team follows their Madden GM mode off-season plans.
This. Its always this with them. Internet NFL GMs.
Lmao "with them!" Sticky you talk like you've never had an opinion on a fan forum before. Hilarious 
lol, didn't mean to imply that. Mostly the part about some fans wanting things done their way. But you know I'm very demure here.  :p

We need KOC to jump into this thread & lead us in a chorus of Kumbaya.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:

Lmao "with them!" Sticky you talk like you've never had an opinion on a fan forum before. Hilarious 
lol, didn't mean to imply that. Mostly the part about some fans wanting things done their way. But you know I'm very demure here.  :p
I've yet to meet the fans who don't want things done their way.  Who are these passive, mystery fans?

Quote: @comet52 said:

@StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:

I've yet to meet the fans who don't want things done their way.  Who are these passive, mystery fans?
Exactly! Isn't that part of being a fan?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:

nice adjective choice,   style points for Sticky!!

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:

I suppose it goes both ways, but most here are objective and give both praise and criticism when warranted. We are coming off a 7-10 season and it's fair to question some decisions that have been made to this point and the result of those decisions. People can do that without it being labeled "Madden GM offseason plans." 

Agreed it goes both ways. Agree most are subjective and give praise AND criticism.  However, in pushing 30 years on various Viking message boards I have yet to interact with someone who calls themselves subjective , who's actually subjective. That phrase is typically code for "I lean almost totally negative or positive, if you don't agree with  me you're not subjective".

I agree there's lots to question this off-season. But let's bring some new material to the discussion rather than belaboring the same points that the same people have repeatedly beaten into oblivion and back for multiple seasons. 

Lol, if you don't know what I'm talking about someone may be logging into your account behind your back. Your account regurgitates the same things over and over. Posters on here know exactly what threads you'll be active in and exactly what you're going to remind the board of that you've made everyone well aware of multiple times prior. 
If you don't like valid criticism of everybody's favorite GM then just ignore it, or comprehend you are on a fan message board, which I shouldn't have to remind you since you've been trolling on such forums for 30+ years lol. We are a 7-10 football team with a lot of holes and a lot of question marks. If you don't like it, buckle up...because the offseason is just getting started. 
You just proved my point about posters who claim to be subjective actually meaning they're subjective as long as they agree with you. I enjoy differing points of view as I have the ability to look at differing points and adjust perspective. I can see there are times perhaps my viewpoint AND opposing points can both be correct. Do you honestly think you're that way?

Frankly I agree with more of what you say than not. But you constantly repeat the same things ad nauseum. Inserting those points into unrelated topics, just to remind the world for a millionth time your feelings. The thread then devolves from there. I think you'd find many others would agree with you more often if you brought something new to discussions. I wait with baited breath for your typical "something something GM" reply.

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:

You just proved my point about posters who claim to be subjective actually meaning they're subjective as long as they agree with you. I enjoy differing points of view as I have the ability to look at differing points and adjust perspective. I can see there are times perhaps my viewpoint AND opposing points can both be correct. Do you honestly think you're that way?

Frankly I agree with more of what you say than not. But you constantly repeat the same things ad nauseum. Inserting those points into unrelated topics, just to remind the world for a millionth time your feelings. The thread then devolves from there. I think you'd find many others would agree with you more often if you brought something new to discussions. I wait with baited breath for your typical "something something GM" reply.
Football and the curcumstances surroundibg football teams are ever changing, which means there are fresh topics and viewpoints daily to be agreed upon or disagreed upon.  This thread was about Harbaugh and the mystery surrounding his interview and not being hired in Minnesota. Hes a proven coach who just completed a perfect, National Championship season at Michigan. Some believe we shit the bed not hiring him on the heels of our own flub of a 7-10 season. Not really sure what you expect as it's a talking point and fair to question the GM and ultimately what went into that decision to hire KOC instead. There's no "regurgitation" here because it's new circumstances and information. So like I said, if you are getting your tail feathers ruffled over some Kwesi criticism than buckle up because it's going to be a long offseason with several major decisions to be made which not everybody is going to agree with here on the ol' fan message board.