Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching
Those first weeks were definitely a cluster with piss poor execution. The revolving door at qb shows how important to qb position is and the ripple effect that can have. There is definitely work to do but it can be done. A lot of people wanted to see Hall, well we saw him and there you go. Again so what if there was a sliver of a chance at the playoffs, I mean seriously they could have limped in but why? It's not like they were going anywhere. And with the back to back beatings, the team needs to move forward. Also what is the mandate from the Wilfs? Is it still "competitive rebuild" (aka butts in seats) or what? This offseason is going to be huge.

Part of the reason they started out the season 1-4 was because KOC refused to play any starters in the preseason, so the first four games was essentially getting the starters used to contact and playing a full game.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Those first weeks were definitely a cluster with piss poor execution. The revolving door at qb shows how important to qb position is and the ripple effect that can have. There is definitely work to do but it can be done. A lot of people wanted to see Hall, well we saw him and there you go. Again so what if there was a sliver of a chance at the playoffs, I mean seriously they could have limped in but why? It's not like they were going anywhere. And with the back to back beatings, the team needs to move forward. Also what is the mandate from the Wilfs? Is it still "competitive rebuild" (aka butts in seats) or what? This offseason is going to be huge.
When you are the coach of a professional football team you play to win.  The playoffs are a big deal.  Was this team going to win the Super Bowl -- hell, no, but how valuable is it to young players to get that taste? that experience? -- it's worth a ton.  KOC played Hall because he could not coach Mullins to avoid unnecessary reckless plays and thought Hall was our best chance to win.  He was wrong.  Just like he was wrong about Mattision and Dobbs after the bye week... 

Quote: @Purpleblooded said:
@Vikergirl said:
When you are the coach of a professional football team you play to win.  The playoffs are a big deal.  Was this team going to win the Super Bowl -- hell, no, but how valuable is it to young players to get that taste? that experience? -- it's worth a ton.  KOC played Hall because he could not coach Mullins to avoid unnecessary reckless plays and thought Hall was our best chance to win.  He was wrong.  Just like he was wrong about Mattision and Dobbs after the bye week... 
I understand the playoffs are a big deal but obviously the weaknesses and holes of the team are evident. Whether Mullens or Hall, it was a no win situation 

Any team featuring JohnnyFuckingMundt in a division game is tanking, I don’t care what Kevin O’Coachspeak says publicly.  Wink B)