Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like QB Caleb Williams wants to play for Minnesota
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
In all honesty, if a draft pick wants to be a real asshole, he can play for whatever team he wants. He can just say I'll only play for teams X, Y, Z. Then those teams have to work out a deal. It's sets a bad precedent but again, that's what Eli Manning did. 
Given all the change in college athletics, does anyone else find it surprising we haven't see much more of that since Eli pulled it off?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
In all honesty, if a draft pick wants to be a real asshole, he can play for whatever team he wants. He can just say I'll only play for teams X, Y, Z. Then those teams have to work out a deal. It's sets a bad precedent but again, that's what Eli Manning did. 
Given all the change in college athletics, does anyone else find it surprising we haven't see much more of that since Eli pulled it off?

Good question. I think it gives the agents for those players a black eye that can hurt them and their clients down the road, but other than that, I am a little surprised it hasn't happened more often.

I also think a player has to really be ready to sit out the year if a trade doesn't materialize. Is it worth losing millions of dollars to play for the team you want? The answer to that is probably different for every player. 

Chicago is going to pick him as they should as he is a generational talent and would be worth giving up whatever we needed to if it were possible, but not even the Bears would be dumb enough if they were to trade the pick to trade it in the division, so is never going to happen.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
Chicago is going to pick him as they should as he is a generational talent and would be worth giving up whatever we needed to if it were possible, but not even the Bears would be dumb enough if they were to trade the pick to trade it in the division, so is never going to happen.  
I agree; Bears could end-up with the kid from LSU too, depending how they stack their board. 

I think the Vikings are much more likely to get a player like Nix, that 2nd tier of guys. 

@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Good question. I think it gives the agents for those players a black eye that can hurt them and their clients down the road, but other than that, I am a little surprised it hasn't happened more often.

I also think a player has to really be ready to sit out the year if a trade doesn't materialize. Is it worth losing millions of dollars to play for the team you want? The answer to that is probably different for every player. 
NIL has changed bank accounts for most of the top players in college so would they really be losing millions by saying they will only play for certain teams when they may already have millions due to NIL and other endorsements?

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I have no idea how that would come about,  scared to even hear that its being considered,   even with a loss next week and a lot of help by other teams,  do we get to Williams without giving up our next 2 firsts?  

Hes made several statements as to his desire to be a Viking,   does he have the juice to pull off a manning type power move and pick his destination?  I dont think i would even want to see that happen as it would open a door that would be terrible for the league imo. 
Screw the league lol. At this point I don’t care if we’re hosting the Lombardi on a pile of rubble, just so it’s ours. If the team thinks this kid can make it happen let’s move heaven and earth to get him. 
GD RIGHT !

This.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
Jayden daniels might be the #1 pick. Arizona has to be the target. New England is absolutely taking a QB. Washington probably?  The other interesting spot could be LA Chargers. 

Id be willing to spend next years first plus some to get one of the top 3 QBs. 
I would too,  as long as we are willing to move off Cousins now and use that cap savings to shore up other areas of need like fixing our IOL and DL.  If we don't do that through FA then we will be needing those picks to draft hopeful fixes to those and other issues.
I’m in the resign Kirko camp. If we trade up for one of the top three, I’d be willing to move on. I think you’d have to because you’re giving up high pucks so you’ll need FAs to fill holes. 
That timing doesn't work. Free Agency begins March 15th. Cousins will be signed well before the draft. If you want to commit to Cousins, then you need to be ready to write that check in March and I believe it will take at least a 3 year deal. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
Jayden daniels might be the #1 pick. Arizona has to be the target. New England is absolutely taking a QB. Washington probably?  The other interesting spot could be LA Chargers. 

I would too,  as long as we are willing to move off Cousins now and use that cap savings to shore up other areas of need like fixing our IOL and DL.  If we don't do that through FA then we will be needing those picks to draft hopeful fixes to those and other issues.
I’m in the resign Kirko camp. If we trade up for one of the top three, I’d be willing to move on. I think you’d have to because you’re giving up high pucks so you’ll need FAs to fill holes. 
That timing doesn't work. Free Agency begins March 15th. Cousins will be signed well before the draft. If you want to commit to Cousins, then you need to be ready to write that check in March and I believe it will take at least a 3 year deal. 
If my memory is right, the contract tenure was a big sticking-point last year. KC may have wanted another fully guaranteed 3 years and the Vikings might have been most comfortable at 2. 

Not sure how many teams outside of ATL are going to be able or willing to drive a brinks truck up to KC's house this year.

March and The Combine might be just as interesting as the draft this year. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:

We’ll know long before the draft if trading up is even an option. Rooting for the Lions hardcore this weekend.