Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like QB Caleb Williams wants to play for Minnesota
[Image: w0765o33wn9c1.jpeg]

I have no idea how that would come about,  scared to even hear that its being considered,   even with a loss next week and a lot of help by other teams,  do we get to Williams without giving up our next 2 firsts?  

Hes made several statements as to his desire to be a Viking,   does he have the juice to pull off a manning type power move and pick his destination?  I dont think i would even want to see that happen as it would open a door that would be terrible for the league imo. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I have no idea how that would come about,  scared to even hear that its being considered,   even with a loss next week and a lot of help by other teams,  do we get to Williams without giving up our next 2 firsts?  

Hes made several statements as to his desire to be a Viking,   does he have the juice to pull off a manning type power move and pick his destination?  I dont think i would even want to see that happen as it would open a door that would be terrible for the league imo. 
Not sure what would be required either. Probably not palatable for Minnesota. However, Chicago has that first overall pick now....lots of options for them. Will they keep Fields? So many questions leading up to Draft day for Minnesota. I don't know that its actually being considered by the Vikings but its obvious Caleb wants it known his preference. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Not sure what would be required either. Probably not palatable for Minnesota. However, Chicago has that first overall pick now....lots of options for them. Will they keep Fields? So many questions leading up to Draft day for Minnesota. 

Hes said he doesn't want to play for Chicago.. so of they believe it they may be willing to trade out for more picks,  or maybe they take another position themselves?  This draft could set new records for first round movement depending on how things fall with these QBs.   With another loss and a little help from a few other teams,  we could be sitting in a really nice spot to get a quality QB prospect without having to move at all.

@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Not sure what would be required either. Probably not palatable for Minnesota. However, Chicago has that first overall pick now....lots of options for them. Will they keep Fields? So many questions leading up to Draft day for Minnesota. 

Hes said he doesn't want to play for Chicago.. so of they believe it they may be willing to trade out for more picks,  or maybe they take another position themselves?  This draft could set new records for first round movement depending on how things fall with these QBs.   With another loss and a little help from a few other teams,  we could be sitting in a really nice spot to get a quality QB prospect without having to move at all.
Yeah, read that as well. Maybe even around the #10 spot or a spot higher if things hit right I believe I saw? Vikings sit at #12 right now. 

Screw the league lol. At this point I don’t care if we’re hosting the Lombardi on a pile of rubble, just so it’s ours. If the team thinks this kid can make it happen let’s move heaven and earth to get him. 

Jayden daniels might be the #1 pick. Arizona has to be the target. New England is absolutely taking a QB. Washington probably?  The other interesting spot could be LA Chargers. 

Id be willing to spend next years first plus some to get one of the top 3 QBs. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Jayden daniels might be the #1 pick. Arizona has to be the target. New England is absolutely taking a QB. Washington probably?  The other interesting spot could be LA Chargers. 

I would too,  as long as we are willing to move off Cousins now and use that cap savings to shore up other areas of need like fixing our IOL and DL.  If we don't do that through FA then we will be needing those picks to draft hopeful fixes to those and other issues.

In all honesty, if a draft pick wants to be a real asshole, he can play for whatever team he wants. He can just say I'll only play for teams X, Y, Z. Then those teams have to work out a deal. It's sets a bad precedent but again, that's what Eli Manning did. 

@AGRforever said:

I would too,  as long as we are willing to move off Cousins now and use that cap savings to shore up other areas of need like fixing our IOL and DL.  If we don't do that through FA then we will be needing those picks to draft hopeful fixes to those and other issues.
I’m in the resign Kirko camp. If we trade up for one of the top three, I’d be willing to move on. I think you’d have to because you’re giving up high pucks so you’ll need FAs to fill holes.