Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They gotta win at least one more, right?
Quote: @Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:

Timestamp 28:08 if anyone wants to relive the pain. Flores 100% says timeout. Big flub by KO. It happens.
Why was not calling a timeout a flub though? Not following that. 
Why not call a timeout?  You have them in your pocket, you are a first down away from being in field goal range.  They have a loud crowd with momentum.  That was the time to take a timeout.  Why rush?  Seemed like a foolish mistake to drive the same head into the same wall.
See above. Wasn't foolish, nor bad coaching nor a riff with Flores, lol. Much to the chagrin of some here for sure (eye roll). 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Relax. What is defying logic is how hard you want your narrative to be true.

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1...9801601107
From the way I see things, you are the one who defied complete logic by creating a thread about KOC being a great coach after what may have been the worst coached game in Viking history and is working hard here to sell this excuse.  Obviously they need to spin this to try to KOC from looking even more insane.  When exactly did they review this?  After the measurement, KOC can be seen pointing to the spot and saying something to the ref, who says "okay" there is no discussion about a review, but yeah it sounds like a good spin so go with it if that makes you feel better about your narrative. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
@StickyBun said:
Relax. What is defying logic is how hard you want your narrative to be true.

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1...9801601107
From the way I see things, you are the one who defied complete logic by creating a thread about KOC being a great coach after what may have been the worst coached game in Viking history and is working hard here to sell this excuse.  Obviously they need to spin this to try to KOC from looking even more insane.  When exactly did they review this?  After the measurement, KOC can be seen pointing to the spot and saying something to the ref, who says "okay" there is no discussion about a review, but yeah it sounds like a good spin so go with it if that makes you feel better about your narrative. 

I find it amazing how some people would rather die a painful death than admit they're wrong. You can have your opinion on KOC, but you are wrong about this Flores/KOC timeout thing you THOUGHT was something else. There's no spin, just what actually happened. Unreal.

I still think calling a timeout or doing basically anything other than running the play we ran would’ve been a better option. I never thought there was any riff with Flo and I’m a big KO fan. I just don’t think that was a well designed play.

This team has had short yardage problems on 3rd and 4th down long before KO though. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I still think calling a timeout or doing basically anything other than running the play we ran would’ve been a better option. I never thought there was any riff with Flo and I’m a big KO fan. I just don’t think that was a well designed play.

This team has had short yardage problems on 3rd and 4th down long before KO though. 
Well short yardage issues have been going on since . . . the drafting of Garrett Bradbury 

@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:

Timestamp 28:08 if anyone wants to relive the pain. Flores 100% says timeout. Big flub by KO. It happens.
Why not call a timeout?  You have them in your pocket, you are a first down away from being in field goal range.  They have a loud crowd with momentum.  That was the time to take a timeout.  Why rush?  Seemed like a foolish mistake to drive the same head into the same wall.
See above. Wasn't foolish, nor bad coaching nor a riff with Flores, lol. Much to the chagrin of some here for sure (eye roll). 
you mean to tell me you think that back to back play call, with that personnel wasn't foolish?  Doing that when the crowd was right behind them on a 3rd and 1 and running the same play again?  Are you serious?  

You have every call in the playbook to throw out there and you do that??  TWICE?  The play call was terrible, doing with a midget center with a bad back and a back up QB with a bad back, pushed by your PR was unreal.

Quote: @Skodin said:
@StickyBun said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:

you mean to tell me you think that back to back play call, with that personnel wasn't foolish?  Doing that when the crowd was right behind them on a 3rd and 1 and running the same play again?  Are you serious?  

You have every call in the playbook to throw out there and you do that??  TWICE?  The play call was terrible, doing with a midget center with a bad back and a back up QB with a bad back, pushed by your PR was unreal.
Sigh. I'm talking about the timeout, not the play call. I've mentioned several times I hated the play call. I started the thread about KOC being a good HC and include how much I hated those calls on 3rd and 4th down. 

@Skodin said:
@StickyBun said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:

Sigh. I'm talking about the timeout, not the play call. I've mentioned several times I hated the play call. I started the thread about KOC being a good HC and include how much I hated those calls on 3rd and 4th down. 
You take a timeout there.  There was zero reason to rush the decision.  Taking a .500 team to 13 wins with a historical anomaly of a season then back to .500 does not make a good coach.  

6-10, 8-8 to 11-5, 9-7, 10-6 with an empty cupboard of draft picks.  That's a good coach
5-10, to 7-9, 11-5, and ultimately 13-3 is a good coach

KOC will have to prove a lot next year to prove he has been worth it.  

@Skodin said:
@StickyBun said:
@Skodin said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:

That's just it. Criticize the play call all you want. But a timeout wasn't going to change that. People are using this video of Flores wanting a TO as some kind of smoking-gun evidence of a mistake by the head coach, which makes no sense at all. 

Looked like the ball went across the goal line on the second effort on third down, but the refs couldn't see the ball. 
For some damn reason the refs have been marking the ball short all year. There was another instance where the Vikings scored and the ball was marked short recently as well.

With regard to the fourth down call, the Vikings haven't been able to convert short yardage when they need it, whether they sneak or hand it off. You can't fool the other team by calling that play when you don't have interior linemen who can physically dominate.
I won't judge KOC based on that bad call, but I sure would like to know why he thought it was the right call.
Easy to judge in retrospect, but he would have been a great coach had the play worked.