Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So we ALL know now where we stand at QB??
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
Until they are officially eliminated, they are trying. That's all there is to it. Although it feels like crap because what is the leaderless ship going to do there? It just royally sucks how things went to hell so badly. 
It just further reinforces just how important it is to have a good QB. I'm more convinced now than ever that the Vikings will sign Cousins. They just don't have a choice (not to suggest it's a bad thing).

You just can't go in to '24 with elite weapons in Jefferson, Addison, Hockenson...and a question mark at QB.  Sure, they'll probably draft one, but the starting QB in '24 will be Cousins. I'd bet my bottom dollar. 
I dont have quite your conviction, but its close

Two teams with the cap flex to make a play for him are Bucs/Falcons. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
Until they are officially eliminated, they are trying. That's all there is to it. Although it feels like crap because what is the leaderless ship going to do there? It just royally sucks how things went to hell so badly. 
It just further reinforces just how important it is to have a good QB. I'm more convinced now than ever that the Vikings will sign Cousins. They just don't have a choice (not to suggest it's a bad thing).

You just can't go in to '24 with elite weapons in Jefferson, Addison, Hockenson...and a question mark at QB.  Sure, they'll probably draft one, but the starting QB in '24 will be Cousins. I'd bet my bottom dollar. 
I dont have quite your conviction, but its close

Two teams with the cap flex to make a play for him are Bucs/Falcons. 

I think the Vikings would be fools for letting it get that far. But there are a lot of moving pieces. If Kirk does hit the open market, will he take the best offer, situation be damned? Hard to see that happening if the Vikings' offer is even in the ballpark. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Games like yesterday really REALLY make you appreciate what we have in Cousins.

Anyone notice yesterday that the pass blocking and play calling seemed to get better when Mullens took over? It didn't. It just seemed that way, because Mullens ran the offense the way it was supposed to be run. He wasn't perfect, but he was a nice midpoint between the MVP-like play from Cousins and the WTF-like play from Dobbs. 
Mullens should be better with a week of prep. Mullens vs. Browning next Saturday in Cincy. And yes, the play calling always looks better when you don't have complete incompetence (Dobbs) at QB. 

I think it is a mistake not to start Hall going forward.  I don't care about the playoffs at this point as any game in the playoffs will be a serious beat down -- for me, it is all about player development at this point.
Understandable. But I think you're smart enough to know why a team in playoff contention can't and won't ever think that way. 
Still feels this way?
Sure, if they are still in contention. Why would it change after an overtime loss to the Bengals on the road? Its the same premise. 
So, you are on team Mullens until the Vikes are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Anyone notice yesterday that the pass blocking and play calling seemed to get better when Mullens took over? It didn't. It just seemed that way, because Mullens ran the offense the way it was supposed to be run. He wasn't perfect, but he was a nice midpoint between the MVP-like play from Cousins and the WTF-like play from Dobbs. 
Mullens should be better with a week of prep. Mullens vs. Browning next Saturday in Cincy. And yes, the play calling always looks better when you don't have complete incompetence (Dobbs) at QB. 

I think it is a mistake not to start Hall going forward.  I don't care about the playoffs at this point as any game in the playoffs will be a serious beat down -- for me, it is all about player development at this point.
Understandable. But I think you're smart enough to know why a team in playoff contention can't and won't ever think that way. 
Still feels this way?
Sure, if they are still in contention. Why would it change after an overtime loss to the Bengals on the road? Its the same premise. 
So, you are on team Mullens until the Vikes are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
I'm on the team that the coaches want to run out there. They know the roster and players much better than I do. I have reservations about Mullens, but if KOC thinks that's the dude, than what else is there to do? I'm all about doing whatever is best until the team is eliminated from the playoffs. It obviously isn't Jaren Hall or he'd be playing.

Question: are you or other fans really, really thinking you know better? That somehow KOC isn't doing what he thinks is best and most optimal way to go each and every week? 

@VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Still feels this way?
I'm on the team that the coaches want to run out there. They know the roster and players much better than I do. I have reservations about Mullens, but if KOC thinks that's the dude, than what else is there to do? I'm all about doing whatever is best until the team is eliminated from the playoffs. It obviously isn't Jaren Hall or he'd be playing.

Question: are you or other fans really, really thinking you know better? That somehow KOC isn't doing what he thinks is best and most optimal way to go each and every week? 
i think it would be unanimous that we would all be delirious with joy if Hall got in and we went on a streak. Likely Mullens is just a better QB right now. Hes got big balls but there were a couple stupid throws also. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@StickyBun said:
@VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Still feels this way?

i think it would be unanimous that we would all be delirious with joy if Hall got in and we went on a streak. Likely Mullens is just a better QB right now. Hes got big balls but there were a couple stupid throws also. 
What would lead anybody to believe Mullens is a better QB than Hall right now? Just curious. Mullens has never done anything, has a worse arm, and gives you nothing from a scrambling aspect. He may understand the offense better having been here longer, but saying he gives us "the best chance to win" is a stretch and is the same exact thing they said about Dobbs the last couple weeks. Unless Hall is just complete hot garbage, I don't get it. We aren't doing anything this year whether we back into the playoffs or not, so to me the rest of this season should be about evaluating Hall in real game situations and not just from some single game garbage time at the end of the year 

@VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Still feels this way?

No offense, Sticky, but your question is a little ironic on a Viking fan board.  If we weren't permitted to second guess anything done by Vikings coaches and management, well .....  

I am also confused because you wrote in another thread: "I'm not sure throwing Hall in for the last 3 games against NFCN opponents that both could be in the playoffs will be that telling about his future. But after seeing what Mullens did yesterday, why the hell not?"   

https://youtu.be/iBr0jHF9cvo?si=EdZkV0aN-bmf21ge

Little reminder of what we saw from Hall in limited action before the concussion. How is any of this not better than what we've seen from Dobbs and Mullens? Let the kid play

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Still feels this way?

No offense, Sticky, but your question is a little ironic on a Viking fan board.  If we weren't permitted to second guess anything done by Vikings coaches and management, well .....  

I am also confused because you wrote in another thread: "I'm not sure throwing Hall in for the last 3 games against NFCN opponents that both could be in the playoffs will be that telling about his future. But after seeing what Mullens did yesterday, why the hell not?"   
Because what they WILL do won't always jibe with what I THINK they should do. And that's fine with me. I've second guessed plenty, but I also don't want KOC and KAM fired and the Wilfs to sell the team. Fans can be pretty extreme week to week. I think some fans really think the coaches are stupid. Sometimes plays work and sometimes they don't, in every game every week. 

@VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Still feels this way?

Because what they WILL do won't always jibe with what I THINK they should do. And that's fine with me. I've second guessed plenty, but I also don't want KOC and KAM fired and the Wilfs to sell the team. Fans can be pretty extreme week to week. I think some fans really think the coaches are stupid. Sometimes plays work and sometimes they don't, in every game every week. 
Sometimes coaches are stupid, front office people are stupid, and owners calling the shots are stupid. Just because someone has been given a job or a title doesn't mean they are deserving, know what they are doing, or are beyond reproach. That goes for football and in life.