Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Bynum
Quote: @Greylock said:
Coaching is bringing out the best of these two.  Metellus was a special team  guy until Flores found out what he could do in his defense.  Lol that no other team in the league understands the brillance of Rick Speilman.
Here's the deal on GM's and this was talked about on NFL Radio recently. Coaches routinely get second and sometimes third chances in the NFL while GM's do not. Just the nature of the business. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Spielman get another shot somewhere in the next couple years. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
lol. 
Are you not a Bynum fan, Sticky?

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
lol. 
I love Bynum. And its very cool that he finally got his wife over here. Its a mooovieeee! 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I agree both of those picks are proving to be awesome, but without
Flores coaching them, it'd be different for both.  I not only
think our safety play is really good, but the CBs too.  Kwesi's picks of
Evans, Blackmon, and Booth (seeing the field now and doing well) are making plays as well.  The FA addition of Murphy
is a noticeable upgrade of PP.Flores is proving to the DB whisperer that Zimmer never lived up to, IMO.
THIS!!

Zimmer inherited Harry and Rhodes, and while he had some impact as their coach...none of "his" guys really are to be found on the team. Waynes? Hughes? Dantzler?

Oh, and for insisting to start Breeland all those times, his credibility as any kind of secondary coach was destroyed forever.

Evans, Blackmon, and Booth (seeing the field now and doing well) are making plays as well.  The FA addition of Murphy
is a noticeable upgrade of PP.Flores is proving to the DB whisperer that Zimmer never lived up to, IMO.
Agree. Bynum and Metellus have been great. But so have Evans and Blackmon. Rick drafted Hunter, JJ, 4/5ths of our OL and brought in Cousins. Kwesi drafted Ingram who has been playing great. He also drafted Addison, Evans and Blackmon, traded for Hockenson and brought in Dobbs. His moves to shed big salaries in Thielen, Cook, Z, Kendricks and P2 all look like good moves in retrospect. Rick drafted Treadwell. Kwesi drafted Cine. 

Bottom line is that there just isn't a narrative out there that supports any kind of pro or anti Rick or Kwesi narrative. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:

Bottom line is that there just isn't a narrative out there that supports any kind of pro or anti Rick or Kwesi narrative. 
'Hi, I'm Sticky.....first day to the board?'

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:
Agree. Bynum and Metellus have been great. But so have Evans and Blackmon. Rick drafted Hunter, JJ, 4/5ths of our OL and brought in Cousins. Kwesi drafted Ingram who has been playing great. He also drafted Addison, Evans and Blackmon, traded for Hockenson and brought in Dobbs. His moves to shed big salaries in Thielen, Cook, Z, Kendricks and P2 all look like good moves in retrospect. Rick drafted Treadwell. Kwesi drafted Cine. 

Nice post, Bells, but wanted to point out the OL has noticably improved after Kwesi brought in Reisner.  While Rick did draft Bradbury, it was Kwesi that kept him here.  I actually was surprised, but it's worked out very well.  Bradbury is playing way better than I thought he could.

I agree except that last line.  When Zimmer had DBs that weren't from the 7-11 or the scrapheap, and a pass rush, they flourished.

Nice post, Bells, but wanted to point out the OL has noticably improved after Kwesi brought in Reisner.  While Rick did draft Bradbury, it was Kwesi that kept him here.  I actually was surprised, but it's worked out very well.  Bradbury is playing way better than I thought he could.
The OL has been playing pretty well since Bradbury returned and has been healthier.  Kwesi had Risner in for a visit August 1st and didn't sign him until we were 0-2, so if Risner has truly made that big of a difference then I guess we can say that Kwesi may have messed up by not signing him when we were in training camp like most here wanted us to. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
lol. 
I love Bynum. And its very cool that he finally got his wife over here. Its a mooovieeee! 
Yeah that  was cool.  But to the OP, I think the lol was more of a "see through the agenda" post.