Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Harbaugh
The fact that the Big 10 commish didn't notify Michigan of the decision except through the media, and waited until after Michigan's plane had left for Penn State 20 hours before kickoff, should tell you how the conference is playing this. They wanted to give the U of M as little time as possible to react, (file a TRO). The board of regents at Michigan met on Wed. with the agenda of the possibility of leaving the Big 10.

Tony Petitti is in his 1st year as Commish and clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JR44 said:
I would love to see Notre Dame football investigated, I would bet it is the dirtiest in college football, but when you have your own network you are basically untouchable and can get away with anything.  Not dismissing what Michigan did here, but think they should equally look at everyone. 
Notre Dame hasn't won a title, in what...35 years now. They are rarely in the running for any of the big 5 star recruits and recruits don't want to go there because they might actually have to crack a text book. In the grand scope of college football which has been dominated by the Florida schools, USC, Clemson, Alabama and Georgia...Notre Dame should probably be one of the last schools investigated for cheating or recruiting violations 

Absolutely terrible take. So only winning teams cheat? Solid logic. Meanwhile in the real world, legacy teams expected to win who don't are prime suspects to cheat.
Might as well waste time investigating the cheating ways of all the DIII teams while your at it. If a legacy school which is expected to win, keeps coming up short, they would have to be the worst cheaters in the world, or not cheating. Hardly prime suspects.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
All the teams do this. When you are successful, you gain enemies. This will galvanize Michigan football, good luck playing the Wolverines from this point forward. 
OSU has basically bullied the Big 10/12/14/18  since Jim Tressel.  Now Michigan has stolen their lunch 2 years running and the Buckbuckbuckeyes ran to the principal calling Harbaugh a big meanie even though they've been doing the same thing.  Everyone else followed suit because if Michigan is taken down a notch someone else (Rutgers, PSU, Wisco) gets to move up.  

College football is little more than a big time grift these days.  I don't know why anyone cares about it, other than the fact it's a farm system that feeds the NFL at no cost to the league.

Quote: @comet52 said:
College football is little more than a big time grift these days.  I don't know why anyone cares about it, other than the fact it's a farm system that feeds the NFL at no cost to the league.
CFB is immensely popular, but yeah the NCAA or the conference commissioners are a joke of hypocrisy. They are dripping in it. 

I just thought it was ridiculous if there is no proof of the link between Harbaugh and the sign stealing. 

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JR44 said:
I would love to see Notre Dame football investigated, I would bet it is the dirtiest in college football, but when you have your own network you are basically untouchable and can get away with anything.  Not dismissing what Michigan did here, but think they should equally look at everyone. 
Notre Dame hasn't won a title, in what...35 years now. They are rarely in the running for any of the big 5 star recruits and recruits don't want to go there because they might actually have to crack a text book. In the grand scope of college football which has been dominated by the Florida schools, USC, Clemson, Alabama and Georgia...Notre Dame should probably be one of the last schools investigated for cheating or recruiting violations 

Absolutely terrible take. So only winning teams cheat? Solid logic. Meanwhile in the real world, legacy teams expected to win who don't are prime suspects to cheat.
If Notre Dame is cheating they've had nothing to show for it for 35 years now and running, that's the take...