Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow
Yes, Hall looked very competent...seemed like each play he gained a bit more confidence.  Bummer on that QB scramble that he got his head banged on the turf (I'm sure with asphalt underneath the field turf).  I don't know if Dobbs can create magic multiple weeks in a row, but considering what an inauspicious start it was (safety, 2 fumbles), I was ready to shut off the TV...sure glad I stuck it out.  Couldn't believe we were only down 11-10 at halftime.  This epic game will be long remembered, just like that Josh Freeman game was, but for totally different (and happy) memories.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
He got by with some courage, some experience and athleticism...
So Hall looked ok?
Honestly, I was a little more impressed with Hall. He didn't make very many mistakes and he moved the ball well. Dobbs came in and looked terrible at first. Took a stupid safety and was pretty careless with the ball on the fumble. However, he got into a rhythm late and his running ability made a big difference. 

If Hall were healthy, I think he'd be starting next week. But it's not a slam dunk. Dobbs did some really good things and his experience shows. Makes you wonder what he might be capable of with some time in the offense. 

I'm sorry, I just don't see what you all are seeing with Hall.  To me he looked like he did in preseason.  Yes he was calm, but only real throw he executed was the throw to Matteson which was aschemed to get him wide open which he was, closest defender was at least 10 yards away.  I did not see him fit the ball into tight windows or the "NFL open" receivers, or even throw someone open.  

Quote: @rf54 said:
I'm sorry, I just don't see what you all are seeing with Hall.  To me he looked like he did in preseason.  Yes he was calm, but only real throw he executed was the throw to Matteson which was aschemed to get him wide open which he was, closest defender was at least 10 yards away.  I did not see him fit the ball into tight windows or the "NFL open" receivers, or even throw someone open.  
Viking fans are being positive don’t piss in the Cheerios

Good or bad when the dust settles, lets hope this org has "some clarity" regarding the qb situation at year end. 

We sure dont have much today. 

Our first drive:
1st down - I called hand-off to Mattison for no gainPlay - Hand-off to Mattison for hardly nothing.
2nd down - I called short pass under 5 yards.Play - Quick wr screen to the right for no gain.
3rd down and long - I call 10 yard incomplete pass down field.Play - incomplete pass about 10 yards down field.
4th down - punt.

Quote: @FLVike said:
Our first drive:
1st down - I called hand-off to Mattison for no gainPlay - Hand-off to Mattison for hardly nothing.
2nd down - I called short pass under 5 yards.Play - Quick wr screen to the right for no gain.
3rd down and long - I call 10 yard incomplete pass down field.Play - incomplete pass about 10 yards down field.
4th down - punt.
You’re damn near a mondern day nostradamus. Thank you for blessing us with your knowledge. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@FLVike said:
Our first drive:
4th down - punt.
You’re damn near a mondern day nostradamus. Thank you for blessing us with your knowledge. 

It was more of a sarcastic prediction hoping that I would be wrong. Like you guys were surprised at those plays? I seriously doubt it.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I thought it was a tremendous effort on Dobbs part, but with that said it helped playing a very mediocre Falcons team missing some key players (yes we were also). I would not want Dobbs as my starter heading into a playoff game against some of the better teams. Hoping Jaren Hall recovers quickly and we see him back in there soon. To me that's the most important thing going forward is finding out what we have in Jaren Hall to better evaluate the position this offseason. 
I'd be happy just making the playoffs after the start we've had. With that being said, I too would want to get a better assessment of Hall.

Dobbs is going to cause some problems for the Saints this Sunday with his feet. They'll have to account for that. KOC will gameplan accordingly. It will help cover up some deficiencies in the run game.