Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaren Hall
Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
I just heard that were taking with the Saints trying to make a trade for Jamies Winston. Not sure If i like that idea. Would rather just ride with Hall and see what we got.
With Cousins out for the year and Winston riding the bench in New Orleans, reports have stated that Justin Jefferson has already contacted Winston about coming to Minnesota.
The pair reportedly worked out together this offseason.
It would be a reasonably easy trade to get done, as one would imagine the Saints won't want that much for him. Plus, Minnesota gets a veteran quarterback who can win games if given the weapons.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@NorthernCalVike said:
I just heard that were taking with the Saints trying to make a trade for Jamies Winston. Not sure If i like that idea. Would rather just ride with Hall and see what we got.
With Cousins out for the year and Winston riding the bench in New Orleans, reports have stated that Justin Jefferson has already contacted Winston about coming to Minnesota.
The pair reportedly worked out together this offseason.
It would be a reasonably easy trade to get done, as one would imagine the Saints won't want that much for him. Plus, Minnesota gets a veteran quarterback who can win games if given the weapons.
OMG, so is JJ taking over as GM?? WTF….

I don't believe for a minute that there is any substance to anything related to Jameis. There's so much bullshit out there right now 

So much negativity around Hall already.  Such bullshit.  Let the kid play

He's a mobile kid with an arm that hits all 3 levels.  He's older, calm, and not rattled in a big moment.   He steps into an offense with a top 3 passing OL, a ton of weapons, a very winnable schedule for the next 3-4 games, an improving defense.  He might not have to go out and win games, he just has to prevent losing them.

He looked calm in Lambeau starting deep in his own territory, nice roll out, very nice 3rd down pass.  That fumble was on Darrisaw, not Hall.  

He is going to surprise people with a victory in Atlanta.  Book it

Ill be so glad when the trade deadline passes and we don’t trade for someone. 

There's no downside to playing Hall the rest of the season.  If he pleasantly surprises us, we can still take a QBOTF next draft and know we have a competent cheap backup for 3 years or decide to ride with Hall. If he crashes, then we have a higher draft pick for the QBOTF. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Ill be so glad when the trade deadline passes and we don’t trade for someone. 
Crossing my fingers for a complete absence of news Tuesday.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I don't believe for a minute that there is any substance to anything related to Jameis. There's so much bullshit out there right now 
The 'rumor' came from a noted bullshit fraud Twitter account.

Quote: @JR44 said:
I thought he showed a lot of poise coming in unexpectedly, made a big 3rd down pass and showed a lot of maturity in his post game interview.  Our only shot for this year is to get lucky with a Brock Purdy type situation and may as well see if Hall can be that guy.  Since we are likely to need draft capital to move around in draft for a QB do not think we can afford to make any trades.  I would be intrigued to bring in someone like Wentz to take Mannion's spot as a backup and see if KOC can be the guy to get his game back together.  
One thing that probably wasn't shown on TV but I saw at the game...   after that big 3rd down completion to Hock over the middle, Brian O'Neill was the first one to come up and give him a fist bump.  Guys were excited for him and Hall seemed calm and collected.  I'd like to see what he can do, there will be rookie mistakes but he's a mature kid.

Quote: @Skodin said:
So much negativity around Hall already.  Such bullshit.  Let the kid play

He's a mobile kid with an arm that hits all 3 levels.  He's older, calm, and not rattled in a big moment.   He steps into an offense with a top 3 passing OL, a ton of weapons, a very winnable schedule for the next 3-4 games, an improving defense.  He might not have to go out and win games, he just has to prevent losing them.

He looked calm in Lambeau starting deep in his own territory, nice roll out, very nice 3rd down pass.  That fumble was on Darrisaw, not Hall.  

He is going to surprise people with a victory in Atlanta.  Book it
.....agreed. He's also had 8 games to absorb NFL life, work schedule, games on the road and and at home, etc. That 3rd down throw was huge after getting blindside sacked for a fumble. A week of 1st string reps and preparation and let him cook on Sunday. Utilize his strengths.