Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaren Hall
I hate to say it, but Kirk's injury is somewhat of a blessing to get to see what we have in Hall. I personally feel like he can come in and play well. I thought he flashed a little in preseason and it's more a case of absorbing the offense, which is complex. He's had half a season sitting and learning. He's mobile and can make all the throws. He's older, and has played a lot of football. We have a tremendous supporting cast especially when Jefferson returns. I'm excited to see if he can be "the guy" and think he's got a chance here to be successful. Vote of confidence here for the kid. KOC needs to put him in position to be successful and luckily we are hitting a soft spot in the schedule. 

I agree, we need to see what Hall can do under the bright lights of regular season play.  Hoping the best for Jaren!  I also hope our "brain trust" (coaches and GM) give Hall a chance rather than acquiring a veteran in a trade or off the couch...

Saw an interesting post game interview where, when asked about his probable upcoming role, Hall said something to the effect of, “I go up against this Brian Flores defense every day with the scout team” (Im paraphrasing)

Go get ‘em kid !

I don't want to spend any draft capital to trade for some crappy veteran who isn't going to move the needle. Lets see what Hall can do.

I really have no idea what to expect out of Hall. He has a good OL and good receivers, but there is not much of a running game to shield him. He at least looks like he can hit some intermediate routes and has some ability to throw on the run. It is going to be an uphill battle, but we’ll find out quick if he has a chance to stick around or not

I’m absolutely against picking up a scrap heap veteran for anything other than being a warm body on the sideline. But anyone picturing a “Brock Purdy” situation with Jaren Hall is going to be very disappointed come next Sunday. 

The second half of the season is going to be way easier to stomach if we all just realize Kirk’s injury torched the season and Jaren Hall is little more than cannon fodder on our way to a top 5 pick. 

Not sure what they decide. My inclination is they are going to try and salvage the season somehow. But I'd be all for riding with Jaren Hall, better or worse, so you know what the deal is with the kid. He's mobile, so gameplan for his strengths. 

Quote: @Tyr said:
I really have no idea what to expect out of Hall. He has a good OL and good receivers, but there is not much of a running game to shield him. He at least looks like he can hit some intermediate routes and has some ability to throw on the run. It is going to be an uphill battle, but we’ll find out quick if he has a chance to stick around or not

This right here. Typically, when you have to start an inexperienced QB, teams shift to a ground centric game plan. Our running game this season has been anemic at best.

I suspect Hall will get the nod for now and if he does ok they ride with him. If he fails? They'll turn to Mullens once he is ready to go. 

I dont expect another Bradford type move at this point/this year.