Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Vikings are open for business
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Minnesota has received more phone calls than they have making them. It will be interesting to see if they will be buyers or sellers in this years deadline.

Right now they're sellers. But that could change
Dude. lol. Too much Kool-Aid will give you cavities. 
If the Vikings are 4-4 at the trade deadline, facing the return of JJ and six straight games against teams .500 or below, I can pretty much guarantee they're not going to be trading anyone. 
I think they will be 4-4 in the alternate mirror dimension but probably 2-6 in this one. 

Spock has a beard in that universe btw.  Also if the coach has a losing season they don't just fire him, they execute him.  :p
Speaking of alternate universes, if you had told me that through 6 games that Kirk Cousins would lead the NFL in TDs and be 2nd in yards, that Bradbury would grade as the NFL's 2nd best center, Ingram top half among guards, and that the Vikings defense would improve from 31st to 15th, and that the Vikings would be 2-4, I would've said you had too many Romulan Ales on Casperia Prime. 
and how does Bradbury rank 2nd,  hes only really played what 3 games and I am not even sure those were complete games,  dont you have to take like 80% of the snaps for most of these ranking things?

Is the price for Danielle Hunter a mid-round draft pick?
Story by Joe Nelson •56m
Featured games in the NFL[Image: AA1iweZW.img?w=620&h=413&m=6&f=webp]
Image courtesy of the Minnesota Vikings© Provided by Bring Me The Sports on FanNation
Knowing that, why would Minnesota take anything less that what they paid for Hockenson? A third-rounder from the 49ers would undoubtedly be in the back of the third round, which is a pick in the late 80s or mid-90s. The fourth-rounders from Jacksonville are less enticing. 
Former Vikings GM Rick Spielman published a story at The 33rd Team on Thursday noting that Jacksonville would "benefit the most" as a trade partner for Hunter, though the Jaguars would need to free up some cap space or ask the Vikings to eat some of Hunter's salary to make a deal work. 
"Any NFL team in contention for a playoff berth and needs a push to get to the next level should take a strong look at trading for Minnesota Vikings DE Danielle Hunter," Spielman wrote. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Minnesota has received more phone calls than they have making them. It will be interesting to see if they will be buyers or sellers in this years deadline.

If the Vikings are 4-4 at the trade deadline, facing the return of JJ and six straight games against teams .500 or below, I can pretty much guarantee they're not going to be trading anyone. 
I think they will be 4-4 in the alternate mirror dimension but probably 2-6 in this one. 

Spock has a beard in that universe btw.  Also if the coach has a losing season they don't just fire him, they execute him.  :p
Speaking of alternate universes, if you had told me that through 6 games that Kirk Cousins would lead the NFL in TDs and be 2nd in yards, that Bradbury would grade as the NFL's 2nd best center, Ingram top half among guards, and that the Vikings defense would improve from 31st to 15th, and that the Vikings would be 2-4, I would've said you had too many Romulan Ales on Casperia Prime. 
and how does Bradbury rank 2nd,  hes only really played what 3 games and I am not even sure those were complete games,  dont you have to take like 80% of the snaps for most of these ranking things?
Dunno. But he's yet to give up a sack, a pressure or a hurry. His 80.7 PFF grade ranks 2nd in the NFL. But yes, he's appeared in only three games with just 135 snaps, most of which, by the way, were against Chris Jones. So you're right, it's not a complete picture. And if he were sucking in that limited role, I know you'd be the first one to urge patience because it's not a complete picture. 

Bottom line is that it's a long season and it's highly doubtful he'll maintain those lofty numbers, especially against good fronts. But it does look like bringing all five offensive linemen back has, at the very least, resulted in some incremental improvement across the board. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Dunno. But he's yet to give up a sack, a pressure or a hurry. His 80.7 PFF grade ranks 2nd in the NFL. But yes, he's appeared in only three games with just 135 snaps, most of which, by the way, were against Chris Jones. So you're right, it's not a complete picture. And if he were sucking in that limited role, I know you'd be the first one to urge patience because it's not a complete picture. 

Bottom line is that it's a long season and it's highly doubtful he'll maintain those lofty numbers, especially against good fronts. But it does look like bringing all five offensive linemen back has, at the very least, resulted in some incremental improvement across the board. 
dont need to urge patience,  hes had 4 years of sucking to know that this is an exception, not a norm.   and I still dont know who is giving these grades,  our IOL is still shit,  its like some homer is grading them out,  kinda like in baseball where a guy can completely whiff on a ball hit right at him,  but if it they dont give him an error since he didnt get a glove on it.  If this OL is improving,  where are the results?  Kirk is gun shy as fuck and throwing like shit,  the run game is pathetic,  whats the excuse now for shit play?  its not just the turnovers that are keeping the team from winning,  plenty of drives not resulting in points or even flipping field position.

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

dont need to urge patience,  hes had 4 years of sucking to know that this is an exception, not a norm.   and I still dont know who is giving these grades,  our IOL is still shit,  its like some homer is grading them out,  kinda like in baseball where a guy can completely whiff on a ball hit right at him,  but if it they dont give him an error since he didnt get a glove on it.  If this OL is improving,  where are the results?  Kirk is gun shy as fuck and throwing like shit,  the run game is pathetic,  whats the excuse now for shit play?  its not just the turnovers that are keeping the team from winning,  plenty of drives not resulting in points or even flipping field position.
LOL. God I love you, Jimmy! 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Love you too.

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Love you too.
Can I call you Snookums? 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Love you too.
Can I call you Snookums? 

that would be crossing a line.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
tell me how close to death you are without saying your age.... :p