Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Vikings are open for business
https://twitter.com/vikingzfanpage/statu...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F17aaxgm%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

Minnesota has received more phone calls than they have making them. It will be interesting to see if they will be buyers or sellers in this years deadline.

Right now they're sellers. But that could change. I don't expect them to beat the 49ers, but the next six games are games they could win. Hard to say what Vegas will think of the Vikings without JJ and Davenport, but I could see them being favored in all six. Packers, Falcons, Saints, Broncos, Bears, Raiders. 

The NYT has a cool page that gives the Vikings playoff chances per game. Right now it's 30%. Losing to the 49ers drops it to 22%. Winning the next six moves it to 87%. Even dropping one of those games keeps it well above 50%. Problem is, Vikings have to make their buy/sell decision after the Packers game. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Minnesota has received more phone calls than they have making them. It will be interesting to see if they will be buyers or sellers in this years deadline.

Right now they're sellers. But that could change. I don't expect them to beat the 49ers, but the next six games are games they could win. Hard to say what Vegas will think of the Vikings without JJ and Davenport, but I could see them being favored in all six. Packers, Falcons, Saints, Broncos, Bears, Raiders. 

The NYT has a cool page that gives the Vikings playoff chances per game. Right now it's 30%. Losing to the 49ers drops it to 22%. Winning the next six moves it to 87%. Even dropping one of those games keeps it well above 50%. Problem is, Vikings have to make their buy/sell decision after the Packers game. 
anything giving their NFFCG or Superbowl chances?  simply making the playoffs is hardly an accomplishment anymore considering 7 of the 16 teams in the conference make the playoffs.

They're not winning 6 games in a row.  They'll be 2-6 at the deadline, after that depends on who they trade or don't trade.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

anything giving their NFFCG or Superbowl chances?  simply making the playoffs is hardly an accomplishment anymore considering 7 of the 16 teams in the conference make the playoffs.
One step at a time, Jimmy. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

One step at a time, Jimmy. 
there is no other step,  its time to rebuild this roster,  if they arent in contention for the Conference championship game at this point,  then its time to say this direction is a failure and start selling now,  putting it off a couple more games only leads to more sellers entering the market and lower return for your pieces to move.  most every fan that is being honest with themselves can see it.

Right now they're sellers. But that could change
Dude. lol. Too much Kool-Aid will give you cavities. 

Minnesota has received more phone calls than they have making them.

If you were buying a TV you are probably going to look first at the place that has a history of selling them lower than everyone else, you'd want to deal with a Kwesi  =) 

I would pay Hunter his money.  That dude stays healthy he will be in the hall. He is too good to give up unless theres a sign and trade for multiple high picks. Same with JJ except, JJ is our MVP and cornerstone, you cannot trade him unless he is a wacko. 

Harry is 4 years older, so that is different.  

KJO is very meh, good in the slot but cant play outside and win. He is a solid #3 but that’s it. Get what you can. 

Cleveland?  you cant pay everyone and Darrisaw will reset the market 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
I would pay Hunter his money.  That dude stays healthy he will be in the hall. He is too good to give up unless theres a sign and trade for multiple high picks. Same with JJ except, JJ is our MVP and cornerstone, you cannot trade him unless he is a wacko. 

Harry is 4 years older, so that is different.  

KJO is very meh, good in the slot but cant play outside and win. He is a solid #3 but that’s it. Get what you can. 

Cleveland?  you cant pay everyone and Darrisaw will reset the market 
my thoughts on Cleveland is he is very average,  you dont go shopping for average,  you try and draft with average being the floor, and keep drafting it hoping that you can improve on it.  Unfortunately we are below average at so many spots that it makes the prospect of moving on from an average players somewhat scary,  especially when he is the best of your IOL trio. ( still am not buying the hype on Bradbury,  to weak and to injury prone )  Really depends on the compensation offered,  and what his agent thinks it would cost to keep him in MN.