Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Kirk to the Jets NOW
Quote: @comet52 said:
@Zanary said:
5 years of this stupidity, just switching from SF to the Jets.

Given that Kirk is currently tied for first among best offensive players on the team, I think the belief that he's simple trade bait is pretty...vacant.
You make it sound like not getting to experience Kirk taking us to an 8-9 record this year is some sort of tragedy.  Or at least that's what you do when you're not calling us all idiots and bad fans.
not worth wasting your time or bandwidth.

Quote: @Zanary said:
@comet52 said:
@Zanary said:

Given that Kirk is currently tied for first among best offensive players on the team, I think the belief that he's simple trade bait is pretty...vacant.
You make it sound like not getting to experience Kirk taking us to an 8-9 record this year is some sort of tragedy.  Or at least that's what you do when you're not calling us all idiots and bad fans.
You feel the 8-9 wins is reality, I feel that way about the..."fanhood"...of anyone wanting to suck for picks.

"Boo hoo, blow it up so we can man-sturbate over shiny new college kids!".  Pathetic.

Throwing in the towel after two losses, especially two losses to recent superbowl teams, is the opposite of fortitude, and definitely nothing like fandom. Maybe it's "Ride or...well, until my attention wanders" or "Ride until I reset my Madden roster".

Not even having the spine for fandom is just...special.  Wow.
I don't get the condescension.  How did you get so entitled to think you're better than the rest of us, sitting on a pedestal criticizing our fandom? 

I've been following this team since 1970 and never met a "real" fan who spent his time shitting on other fans.

Quote: @comet52 said:
@Zanary said:
@comet52 said:
@Zanary said:

You feel the 8-9 wins is reality, I feel that way about the..."fanhood"...of anyone wanting to suck for picks.

"Boo hoo, blow it up so we can man-sturbate over shiny new college kids!".  Pathetic.

Throwing in the towel after two losses, especially two losses to recent superbowl teams, is the opposite of fortitude, and definitely nothing like fandom. Maybe it's "Ride or...well, until my attention wanders" or "Ride until I reset my Madden roster".

I don't get the condescension.  How did you get so entitled to think you're better than the rest of us, sitting on a pedestal criticizing our fandom? 

I've been following this team since 1970 and never met a "real" fan who spent his time shitting on other fans.
I've never met a "fan" hoping to lose for picks...ever.  That's not fandom, that's selfishness.  Therefore, it doesn't apply.

College kids are at least as likely to have trouble adapting to NFL speed, lifestyles, physical abuse, etc...and, as has been pointed out for years, the QB position issues are a symptom of decade-long inability to get the line shored up.

This is the 5th year of prattle about trading Cousins, despite him being among the very best QBs in team history.  His record is damaged by a previous/toxic coach, years of bottom-tier defenses, and very well-documented offensive line issues that have been a recurring theme for many years.

I've been a fan very nearly as long, and I've never seen any actual fan calling for the team to tank for a chance at a shiny college kid.  I see some dumbasses musing about it, but the math is ALWAYS terrible, and easily shown to be futile when compared to the many terrible seasons by Detroit, Cleveland, etc that garnered them...more terrible seasons.

Why would any fan of the Vikings wish for that?

@comet52 said:
@Zanary said:
@comet52 said:
@Zanary said:

I've never met a "fan" hoping to lose for picks...ever.  That's not fandom, that's selfishness.  Therefore, it doesn't apply.

College kids are at least as likely to have trouble adapting to NFL speed, lifestyles, physical abuse, etc...and, as has been pointed out for years, the QB position issues are a symptom of decade-long inability to get the line shored up.

This is the 5th year of prattle about trading Cousins, despite him being among the very best QBs in team history.  His record is damaged by a previous/toxic coach, years of bottom-tier defenses, and very well-documented offensive line issues that have been a recurring theme for many years.

I've been a fan very nearly as long, and I've never seen any actual fan calling for the team to tank for a chance at a shiny college kid.  I see some dumbasses musing about it, but the math is ALWAYS terrible, and easily shown to be futile when compared to the many terrible seasons by Detroit, Cleveland, etc that garnered them...more terrible seasons.

You mention "stupidity", "man-masturbate", "no spine", "dumbasses"... name calling is what you do when you don't have a sensible argument.  We can speculate on changes the team might make to try to get better and build for the future.  You calling anyone who does a bunch of names just reflects badly upon you.

@comet52 said:
@Zanary said:
@comet52 said:
@Zanary said:

clean it up already,  if you cant be decent towards fellow posters in disagreement then just go some where else with your thoughts.  

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Mike Tannenbaum just on ESPN saying that if he were the Jets, he "would not get off the phone" with the Vikings attempting to acquire Kirk Cousins. I think this could heat up the next couple weeks depending on what the Vikings record is and how Wilson plays, which most expect to not be good..
So if we play this out...

We're at about week 7, and you're going to make a qb switch to a whole new system? And expect it to work?

The cap ramifications are ridiculously complex. I posted elsewhere, Rogers carries a $60mm dead-cap hit and KC aint going to ok a 1 year trade (I dont think). 

I just think its too far-fetched for a learned fan to believe it's even remotely possible. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
Mike Tannenbaum just on ESPN saying that if he were the Jets, he "would not get off the phone" with the Vikings attempting to acquire Kirk Cousins. I think this could heat up the next couple weeks depending on what the Vikings record is and how Wilson plays, which most expect to not be good..
So if we play this out...

We're at about week 7, and you're going to make a qb switch to a whole new system? And expect it to work?

The cap ramifications are ridiculously complex. I posted elsewhere, Rogers carries a $60mm dead-cap hit and KC aint going to ok a 1 year trade (I dont think). 

I just think its too far-fetched for a learned fan to believe it's even remotely possible. 

the cap is a myth... or at least very elastic,  I am sure if they wanted to make it work they could figure out something.  hell maybe Rogers wants to back Kirk up next year.  :p

Tannenbaum is dumber than a pail of hammers…!!!

Does ANYONE actually think Tannenbaum's opinion on anything related to the NFL is worth a cup of spit?