Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Always nice to read about this kinda news...
Quote: @Mattyman said:
 Steussie
McKinney
Zimmerman
Kalil

I've seen enough of Darrisaw to know he's the LT I've ever seen suit up as a Viking.

His athleticism is extraordinary.
Yep, the Vikings have had elite centers and guards but our tackles not so much. I think this is the best tackle tandem we've ever had. I want to see Darrisaw do it one more year before I'd put him above Zimmerman though. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
And if he's lifting at midnight he's not likely shutting down clubs at 2am.  Love hearing things like this about our guys.
To be fair, McKinney was lifting at 2 am as well.  Just a different type of bar.

Also, was nice that he had a chance to talk with Williams in the joint practices last year.  Sounds like a steal that we needed at LT.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Mattyman said:
 Steussie
McKinney
Zimmerman
Kalil

I've seen enough of Darrisaw to know he's the LT I've ever seen suit up as a Viking.

Yep, the Vikings have had elite centers and guards but our tackles not so much. I think this is the best tackle tandem we've ever had. I want to see Darrisaw do it one more year before I'd put him above Zimmerman though. 
Best tackle combo was Yary and Alderman.   Both were consistent pro bowlers.  Granted that was a long time ago!  I always thought if McKinnie would have had the right attitude he could have been a great one.   Kalil didn't even want to play football.   Just did it because he was good at it.  Never put in the time to be truly great.   He did it all on natural ability.  Had he had the right attitude he would have made it to Canton.

Quote: @Chuckf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Mattyman said:
 Steussie
McKinney
Zimmerman
Kalil

Best tackle combo was Yary and Alderman.   Both were consistent pro bowlers.  Granted that was a long time ago!  I always thought if McKinnie would have had the right attitude he could have been a great one.   Kalil didn't even want to play football.   Just did it because he was good at it.  Never put in the time to be truly great.   He did it all on natural ability.  Had he had the right attitude he would have made it to Canton.
Alderman was mostly before my time, but you're right. 6 Pro Bowls don't lie. 

All I can remember anymore back from the Yary days is him driving fans nuts with the holding calls...

Darrisaw sure looks promising, but yah I couldn't put him over Zimmerman - not till he does it for nearly as long and as good as Gary did. Thats a HOF'er.

Zimmerman was such a great, great technician - right up there with McDaniel and that god awful stance he had. 

[Image: lz5yv6vnddnwlibqu039.jpg]

Quote: @Chuckf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Mattyman said:
 Steussie
McKinney
Zimmerman
Kalil

Definitely this ^^^. Yary was the best ever in purple and I think Darrisaw is next followed by Alderman. O'Neill is pretty high on the list too.