Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Always nice to read about this kinda news...
Darrisaw continues to riseAnyone unfamiliar with left tackle Christian Darrisaw is about to find out how good he is. That was main takeaway from offensive coordinator Wes Phillips after seeing how seriously Darrisaw has taken this offseason.
“He came in in phenomenal shape,” Phillips said. “He was in here working out late night. I think he got that from Trent Williams or something. He’d be here at 11 o’clock at night or something getting a lift in. As long as he had a spotter, we were OK with that.”
The fact that Phillips mentioned Williams isn’t a coincidence considering that is who Darrisaw models his game after. Asked about how Darrisaw compares, Phillips replied, “I think across the league, we’ll be talking about him as one of the elite tackles for years to come.”
https://www.twincities.com/2023/07/27/joejuan-williams-looking-like-a-starting-cornerback-for-vikings/

He's a bonafide elite LT. Watch a highlight video of him, lol.....he's an ass kicker. Strong as they get and now Phillips says he's in 'phenomenal shape'? Yikes. 

And if he's lifting at midnight he's not likely shutting down clubs at 2am.  Love hearing things like this about our guys.

Seeing who he's now become, I get nervous about that trade down all over again. Thank God for Mike Mayock.

Mayock could've taken Darrisaw but instead took Alex Leatherwood, who was waived a year later. Let that sink in for a bit: a middle 1st round pick was released one year later. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Seeing who he's now become, I get nervous about that trade down all over again. Thank God for Mike Mayock.

Mayock could've taken Darrisaw but instead took Alex Leatherwood, who was waived a year later. Let that sink in for a bit: a middle 1st round pick was released one year later. 
He'd probably still go after the Chargers kid, but would be a top 12 pick for sure. The Vikings got lucky with that trade-down, massively lucky. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

He'd probably still go after the Chargers kid, but would be a top 12 pick for sure. The Vikings got lucky with that trade-down, massively lucky. 

It's just a shame that we didn't get much else in return for dropping back (meaning who we selected)....IIRC.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

This is year 48 for me and I have yet to call the Vikings lucky!

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
And if he's lifting at midnight he's not likely shutting down clubs at 2am.  Love hearing things like this about our guys.
Or driving 140mph down the freeway 

He is going to be a top 3 OT for years to come.  You can see it between his size, strength, and technique.

Add Risner adjacent to him and have a top 5 pass blocking left side

Steussie
McKinney
Zimmerman
Kalil

I've seen enough of Darrisaw to know he's the best  LT I've ever seen suit up as a Viking.

His athleticism is extraordinary.