Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaren Hall 'crisp' and 'impressive'
Quote: @minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
Who's the last Mr Mankato we had @ QB?

Mond?
Thigpen? 
Yea I would say neither of those.  Heinike before he kicked his way into his apartment and out of Minnesota.  
Yup Heinicke, couldn't remember his name lol! 

Quote: @minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:

Mond?
Thigpen? 
Yea I would say neither of those.  Heinike before he kicked his way into his apartment and out of Minnesota.  
Heinicke for sure. Sloter maybe. I haven't watched Hall's camp clips, but I did see the interview with him. If he's as good under center as he is in front of a microphone the Vikings got a steal. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

Mond?
Thigpen? 
I don't think Mond was ever close to Mr. Mankato status. 
He might've been Mr. Potatohead, but Mr. Mankato?  No.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Mond?
Thigpen? 

How about the St Cloud kid, Todd Bouman? B)

Ah, Bouman.  I had hopes.

If this kid goes on a slow, steady learning curve and Cousins gets another extension, I think we could actually develop a kid into a starting QB instead of fretting over trading all of our draft capital on some rookie that would have to start immediately, due to investment.

That said, I know the Trey Lance and now Kyler Murray babble is bubbling, again....

Speaking of Trey Lance.....yikes. Reports again out of Niners camp aren't good. 

Think about where the 49ers would be if they hadn't won the lottery with Brock Purdy? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Think about where the 49ers would be if they hadn't won the lottery with Brock Purdy? 
I think the jury has to still be out on Purdy. IMO, he's definitely not a franchise guy. But he played well for sure last season.

@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
I think the jury has to still be out on Purdy. IMO, he's definitely not a franchise guy. But he played well for sure last season.

No doubt. People praising him like he's the next Joe Montana is ridiculous. He looked good, but I want to see him do it again, when defenses have some film, before I'm a believer. 

But it's not important what I think. The 49ers believe they have their QBOTF. And the odds of finding him with the last pick in the 7th round are astronomical. It's just luck. A shot in the dark. They don't get lucky there, the 49ers are not serious contenders. 

Looking like a total bust.  I did not like him coming out and had him ranked as the last of the Top QB's.  He ran too much in small-ball college and his passing game was simple.  He was a man against boys.  He reminded me of a small school Vince Young.