Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Rapoport: Vikings taking trade calls on Hunter
Hunter and his agent could be attempting to force a trade by asking for unrealistic extension demands and a refusal to report to training camp until a new deal or trade happens. After last year's defensive dumpster fire, he may not want any part of a 3-4 Scheme even with Flores running it. With all of the other Contracts we still have up in the air, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded him. Especially if Flores doesn't feel confident he will fit what he wants to do. Despite his improved stats the second half of the season, I still thought he didn't have much impact in the pass rush compared to his time under Zimmer. 

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
Looks like I'm in the minority here, But I would rather see DH extended. He's still young enough that he could be an effective pass rusher after the team goes thru a rebuild.
I'd prefer to extend him as well. But to me, it just depends on what kind of contract Hunter wants vs. what kind of offer we can get for him. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Knucklehead said:
Looks like I'm in the minority here, But I would rather see DH extended. He's still young enough that he could be an effective pass rusher after the team goes thru a rebuild.
I'd prefer to extend him as well. But to me, it just depends on what kind of contract Hunter wants vs. what kind of offer we can get for him. 
You don't move him for peanuts, but if his demands outweigh his anticipated returns then its time to consider offers.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Greylock said:
Just 28 years old but how soon will injuries catch up to him?  Maybe its time to get what you can for him instead of seeing injuries lower any trade value he has.
You could wonder the same about Kirk Cousins, who is 35 and will also be looking to get paid after this season. It's why I say, if you trade Cook and Hunter, you might as well just move Cousins to the 49ers and recoup some draft picks because we aren't trying to be competitive and it's foolish to think otherwise 

Not sure San Fran has the juice to give up for a Cousins trade. This isn't a Rams/Lions scenario. 
It would probably be for Trey Lance and a package of picks. Maybe a couple second rounders
Not a chance. The Rams gave up a 3rd, (2) 1sts, and Goff for Stafford. Stafford was by far more banged up than Cousins, and today, Cousins would be at least as valuable to the 49ers, with their roster in a win now time frame. 

Lance isn't in Goff's league, and would require the 49ers to give us at least a couple of 1sts, and more, considering that those 1sts would probably be closer to 2nd rounders when they go deep into the playoffs. I don't think the 49ers have the ammo to pull it off. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Greylock said:
Just 28 years old but how soon will injuries catch up to him?  Maybe its time to get what you can for him instead of seeing injuries lower any trade value he has.
You could wonder the same about Kirk Cousins, who is 35 and will also be looking to get paid after this season. It's why I say, if you trade Cook and Hunter, you might as well just move Cousins to the 49ers and recoup some draft picks because we aren't trying to be competitive and it's foolish to think otherwise 

Not sure San Fran has the juice to give up for a Cousins trade. This isn't a Rams/Lions scenario. 
It would probably be for Trey Lance and a package of picks. Maybe a couple second rounders
Not a chance. The Rams gave up a 3rd, (2) 1sts, and Goff for Stafford. Stafford was by far more banged up than Cousins, and today, Cousins would be at least as valuable to the 49ers, with their roster in a win now time frame. 

Lance isn't in Goff's league, and would require the 49ers to give us at least a couple of 1sts, and more, considering that those 1sts would probably be closer to 2nd rounders when they go deep into the playoffs. I don't think the 49ers have the ammo to pull it off. 

A couple firsts for one year of Kirk before he hits FA... c'mon. Kirk and his agent would use any trade compensation as leverage with his next team to somehow become the highest paid QB in NFL history. Sub-zero chance the Vikings would get that package.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Greylock said:

There's zero chance the Vikings could get a Stafford type trade package for Cousins..none. Not from the 49ers or any other team. If that were the case we should have traded him already, no questions asked 

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
I'd definitely prefer seeing him extended. I believe he's still one of the best edge rushers in the league and could really flourish in Flores' system. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Greylock said:

A couple firsts for one year of Kirk before he hits FA... c'mon. Kirk and his agent would use any trade compensation as leverage with his next team to somehow become the highest paid QB in NFL history. Sub-zero chance the Vikings would get that package.
It would obviously be a renegotiation/extension for any team trading for Kirk. He’s never insisted on being #1 in salary. why would you think he would do that now? 

Contract Talks Hit Impasse but Vikings Have No Plans to Trade Danielle Hunterhttps://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/contract-talks-slow-vikings-no-plans-to-trade-danielle-hunter/ 

I have a very, very very very strong sense that leakage did not come from TCO performance center. It did not come from the Vikings. So we’re looking at either some other team that is hoping putting this out there required with a VIKINGS if they’re hoping this can push trade talks forward or it was Danielle‘s representation not happy with where new contract talks stand. The Vikings have had every intention, going back many many weeks, to have Danielle Hunter in purple in 2023, fully knowing that his current base salary just doesn’t float his boat. That they need to take care of him financially to get him some sort of spike up, right? But, you know, to me… this is a signal that Danielle‘s camp is not real happy with where those contract talks stand. But until I hear otherwise, I don’t think a trade is on the cusp, is imminent. Maybe we get to that point eventually, but I’m just telling you, the Vikings have every intention — right now as we sit here on June 8 — the Vikings want Danielle Hunter in purple.
Darren Wolfson on Minnesota Sports with Mackey & Judd

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Greylock said:

There's zero chance the Vikings could get a Stafford type trade package for Cousins..none. Not from the 49ers or any other team. If that were the case we should have traded him already, no questions asked