Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Rapoport: Vikings taking trade calls on Hunter
Apparently teams like his low cap hit and know he desires a pay raise on a long term deal. Been described as "serious trade interest."

If the Vikings deal Cook and Hunter... might as well start the blowup with Cousins being next 

Simply not a great 3-4 edge.  you dont give him away, but a first and a second or 3rd  would give us alot of anmo to get our QBOTF 

Is this playing on loop?  Haven't we heard this since the end of the season?

IMHO this development was foreshadowed when Z'darius was sent to Cleveland.

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
Simply not a great 3-4 edge.  you dont give him away, but a first and a second or 3rd  would give us alot of anmo to get our QBOTF 
Which is another reason I hate this 3-4 crap. Our best players were 4-3 guys who excelled in that scheme. Hunter had more sacks then any player EVER before the age of 25. But instead of changing the scheme to suit the talent we are releasing or trading the talent who aren't great fits in the scheme and leaving us even further depleted on defense (if it happens). Like I said, if you are getting rid of both Cook and Hunter in the sake offseason, we aren't trying to compete and might as well trade Cousins to San Francisco 

Taking calls could mean a lot or it could mean nothing but hmm.
As a fan I understand I'm not entitled to know the direction this franchise is going in, but I hope KAM and crew know. From the outside it's hard to not think we're going to be middle of the pack / no man's land for yet another year.
Losing Z'darius, Thielen, Kendricks, maybe Cook, and maybe Hunter would be 5 of your top 10ish players and 3 of probably the top 5. Strong tanking signals. But on the flipside we keep Kirk around, sign Murphy, trade away some future picks... I just don't know.
Tank or try your darndest to make a run, I'm truly fine with either option. But this offseason is puzzling to me.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Is this playing on loop?  Haven't we heard this since the end of the season?
This is recent stuff from today. I'm guessing teams who didn't get the pass rushers they needed in the draft are now re-evaluating things post June 1st and making calls to the Vikings. I wouldn't take anything less then a 1st round pick. Proven talent, still notched double digit sacks playing in this awful 3-4, and still just 28 years old. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Taking calls could mean a lot or it could mean nothing but hmm.
As a fan I understand I'm not entitled to know the direction this franchise is going in, but I hope KAM and crew know. From the outside it's hard to not think we're going to be middle of the pack / no man's land for yet another year.
Losing Z'darius, Thielen, Kendricks, maybe Cook, and maybe Hunter would be 5 of your top 10ish players and 3 of probably the top 5. Strong tanking signals. But on the flipside we keep Kirk around, sign Murphy, trade away some future picks... I just don't know.
Tank or try your darndest to make a run, I'm truly fine with either option. But this offseason is puzzling to me.
Agreed, if you are going to tank then tank! Caleb Williams is thought to be one of those generational QB prospects like an Elway, Luck, or Peyton Manning. Let's not half ass the tanking if that's the direction we are going in

Just 28 years old but how soon will injuries catch up to him?  Maybe its time to get what you can for him instead of seeing injuries lower any trade value he has.

Well ensure you trade him to a bottom feeder if your all in on drafting a QB…!  Wink :p