Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Rapoport: Vikings taking trade calls on Hunter
Quote: @Greylock said:
Just 28 years old but how soon will injuries catch up to him?  Maybe its time to get what you can for him instead of seeing injuries lower any trade value he has.
You could wonder the same about Kirk Cousins, who is 35 and will also be looking to get paid after this season. It's why I say, if you trade Cook and Hunter, you might as well just move Cousins to the 49ers and recoup some draft picks because we aren't trying to be competitive and it's foolish to think otherwise 

yep  I hate going to a D you don't have the personnel to man then blowing up the roster to hope to fill the spots---typical face plant move

we've been competitive for pretty much the last decade,  maybe its time,  as long as we are going to blow it up might as well give Harry and any other long time sufferers their options to leave as well.  anybody still on a first contract though needs to be retained if they were to go that route.  Of course how will that affect getting guys to resign that are looking at a couple year rebuild?  Darrisaw, JJ, and TJ?

Really curious who leaked this info. Definitely could tell how serious the possibility of him being traded is.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@Greylock said:
Just 28 years old but how soon will injuries catch up to him?  Maybe its time to get what you can for him instead of seeing injuries lower any trade value he has.
You could wonder the same about Kirk Cousins, who is 35 and will also be looking to get paid after this season. It's why I say, if you trade Cook and Hunter, you might as well just move Cousins to the 49ers and recoup some draft picks because we aren't trying to be competitive and it's foolish to think otherwise 

Not sure San Fran has the juice to give up for a Cousins trade. This isn't a Rams/Lions scenario. 

I’d be ecstatic with a 1st but am not holding my breath. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I’d be ecstatic with a 1st but am not holding my breath. 
Was listening on NFL Radio and they thought he'd fetch something similar to what the Broncos got for Bradley Chubb. 1st and 3rd round picks. I'm looking at this though and trying to figure out which teams were calling and who would fit. I'm assuming it would have to be a contender and probably a 4-3. Chiefs, Bills, Jags, Saints maybe. Seahawks could use a pass rusher. If a trigger is pulled, it will be interesting to see which team is pulling the trigger 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Greylock said:

Not sure San Fran has the juice to give up for a Cousins trade. This isn't a Rams/Lions scenario. 
It would probably be for Trey Lance and a package of picks. Maybe a couple second rounders

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Really curious who leaked this info. Definitely could tell how serious the possibility of him being traded is.
I'm guessing the Vikings leaked it. It's likely Hunter wants to know something is happening. Either pay me or trade me. This might be their response to that. 

But teams always get on the phones when contract talks stall on a player. Doesn't mean the Vikings intend to, or even want to, trade Hunter. But if they get an offer they can't refuse, they just might. Definitely makes for an easier path to the QBOTF in the '24 draft.

The complication I see is that teams who want Hunter at this point in the offseason are likely teams looking for that missing piece. Good teams. And the Vikings would obviously prefer to get a poorer team's 1st rounder. 

Looks like I'm in the minority here, But I would rather see DH extended. He's still young enough that he could be an effective pass rusher after the team goes thru a rebuild.