Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hall to Addison
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JR44 said:
I am a USC fan so watched most of his snaps last year, beginning of the year was impressive, gets good separation and solid hands, got banged up and was never the same, seemed to disappear in the biggest moments.  Never during the season did I consider him someone who would be a first round pick.  I think Osborne is a much more complete WR and think he holds the 2 spot.  
I think they like KJO a lot, heck I like him too. I'll enjoy 3 deep while we get it (if Addison pans out).

I also dont think their cap calculus longer term is JJ + KJO. That lens is most likely Addison + JJ.

Yeah, KJO's gone after this year. He's just in one of those unique situations where he'll get much more on the market (likely as a WR2) than the Vikings will be willing to spend on their WR3. 

Hoping Nailer can emerge this year as his eventual replacement. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
I am a USC fan so watched most of his snaps last year, beginning of the year was impressive, gets good separation and solid hands, got banged up and was never the same, seemed to disappear in the biggest moments.  Never during the season did I consider him someone who would be a first round pick.  I think Osborne is a much more complete WR and think he holds the 2 spot.  
I had the top three in a different order, but I had Addison 4th, which is right where he went. A little concerned with how he'll get off 200 lb NFL press corners at 170 lbs, but I've since paid more attention to his release, routes and he has much better footwork than I gave him credit for. 

But I would not at all be surprised to see KJO win the WR2 job in camp over Addison. Rookies take time. And every year, KJO is underrated by fans and media, and every year he does better than anyone expects. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:
I had the top three in a different order, but I had Addison 4th, which is right where he went. A little concerned with how he'll get off 200 lb NFL press corners at 170 lbs, but I've since paid more attention to his release, routes and he has much better footwork than I gave him credit for. 

But I would not at all be surprised to see KJO win the WR2 job in camp over Addison. Rookies take time. And every year, KJO is underrated by fans and media, and every year he does better than anyone expects. 
Yah, the pause I have for the rook is size...Not sure if his ceiling is WR2 or not? 

Percy was about 185, Waddle is 180, Tyreek is 190 etc...

Maybe it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Vikings rookie receiver Jordan Addison turned heads Friday at TCO Performance Center.His effortless movement on the practice field paved the way for crisp routes for rookie quarterbacks Jaren Hall and Logan Nelson.
Heck, the artistry from the first-round draft pick even attracted head coach Kevin O’Connell, who threw him a couple of passes during the first day of rookie minicamp.
“I thought Jordan had a really, really good day,” O’Connell said. ‘He looks the part, which is exactly what I expected out of him.”
This has been a long time coming for Addison. Ever since the Vikings drafted him with the No. 23 pick in last month’s draft. the 5-foot-11, 175-pound receiver from Southern Cal has been eager to get to work
Never mind that Addison impressed the Vikings in the predraft process. He’s clearly most comfortable on the field.
“I finally get a chance to put the equipment on and play,” he said. “It’s a little bit more relaxing because I get to do what I do best.”
Though he has the raw talent to succeed at the highest level, Addison also has the work ethic. He dove headfirst into the playbook shortly after getting drafted and has already retained a lot of information.
“You can tell he’s a little bit ahead of a lot of the guys out on the field today,” O’Connell said. “He’s understanding exactly what that play means for what routes he has and how to go adjust once the picture changes when that ball is snapped. I was looking forward to seeing how he was moving. Just coming in and out of cuts and attacking the football when it was in the air.”
Asked about getting to throw to Addison for the first time, Hall lauded the receiver’s ability to get open with relative ease.
“I’ve got to give him some better balls to help him out a little bit,” Hall said with a laugh. “He runs great routes, and he’s going to be a great player.”
The biggest thing for Addison right now is gaining more knowledge of the playbook.
“It’s a lot,” Addison said with a laugh. “I ain’t going to lie.”
He vowed to learn as much as he can in rookie minicamp this weekend so that he’s ready for what lies ahead next week when the veterans join the practice field.
“It’s a lot different mentally going into the huddle and having to process a lot and figure out the defense,” Addison said. “I know once I step up there without the rookies it’s going to be a little bit faster, so I’m just trying to make sure I sharpen everything up right now.”
As much as he’s trying to stay in the moment, Addison has already started envisioning what life could look like alongside the likes of receivers Justin Jefferson and K.J. Osborn.
“It’s looking good when I’m looking at the playbook,” he said. “Just where I’m going to be at with all the routes that are in there. I’m staying humble, and I’m going to keep working. Then when it’s my time to shine, I’m going to make sure I shine.”
https://www.twincities.com/2023/05/12/jordan-addison-certainly-looks-the-part-in-first-practice-with-vikings/

The football jumps out of Jaren Hall’s hand. There’s no doubt about that.Watch him throw and it’s not hard to figure out why the Vikings selected the 25-year-old quarterback in the fifth round of last month’s draft.
Now the key for Hall is familiarizing himself with the offense as soon as possible. He got the playbook shortly after being drafted and crammed as much as he could ahead of rookie minicamp. He got a chance to showcase his knowledge over the weekend as he and dozens of other players descended upon TCO Performance Center in Eagan.
Asked for his biggest goal coming out of rookie minicamp, Hall emphasized that he simply wants to get a little bit better every day. He knows if he can do that he will put himself in a good position moving forward.
“Just get comfortable with some of the basics,” Hall said. “The fundamentals within the offense are a little different than what I’ve done in the past.”
Because of that, Hall has already made it a priority to stay late with quarterbacks coach Chris O’Hara, as well as assistant quarterbacks coach Grant Udinski.
“There’s a lot of stuff I’ve got to work on,” Hall said. “I think it can be a lot better and I will be a lot better. That’s always the goal every day no matter what. Never get complacent.”
That mentality is something head coach Kevin O’Connell appreciated about Hall in his interactions with him.
“I’m a big fan,” O’Connell said. “I love the way he came out and commanded a group of guys that are learning a bunch of information for the first time.”
As a former quarterback himself, O’Connell always finds himself gravitating toward the position on the practice field. He joked that he had to pick his spots throughout rookie minicamp so that O’Hara and Udinski could do their job.
“I tend to maybe overdo it sometimes,” O’Connell said with a laugh. “I’ve got some great coaches and I want to let those guys form that initial relationship.”
There were some ups and downs from Hall as he worked through rookie minicamp. As much as Hall looked comfortable throwing, for example, his timing with receiver Jordan Addison was a little bit off in their limited reps together. That’s to be expected so early in their respective careers.
“This is our first time throwing together,” Addison said while crediting Hall for the touch with which he throws the football. “That’s going to come with time.”
Maybe as soon as next week. With some players already in the Twin Cities for organized team activities, Hall will get a chance to throw with veteran quarterbacks Kirk Cousins and Nick Mullens next week.
How does he feel about the fit with the Vikings so far?
“The best there could be,” Hall said. “We’ve got a lot of veteran guys I can learn from when they’re back around. We’ve also got a lot of great talent around me right now with the young guys. This weekend is about meshing and finding our place and getting comfortable.”
https://www.twincities.com/2023/05/13/vikings-rookie-quarterback-jaren-hall-pushing-himself-as-he-learns-basics/

Quote: @Akvike said:
the two yard pass with zero D is ours every time
The patented E_ _onatell defense?

@JR44 said:

Well we all heard KOC screaming "Day 1 starter!" on draft day in the midst of all the fist pumps and people bending over backwards to pat themselves on the backs after the Addison selection. It would be an upset if KJO beat out Addison to start opposite JJ. 

I think we discussed it, but yeah Addison just didn't stand out on tape to me. Everything, from his size to his separation and burst were all just kind of average and he didn't dominate like expected when he transferred to USC. I had him 5th in my final rankings behind Hyatt, JSN, Flowers, and Mingo. I think he has some Nelson Agholor to him, and if I had to guess, I'd say that's probably his ceiling. Hoping for more, but we'll see....

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:

Yah, the pause I have for the rook is size...Not sure if his ceiling is WR2 or not? 

Percy was about 185, Waddle is 180, Tyreek is 190 etc...

I think his ceiling is much higher with JJ than it would be on another team. He should be an ideal WR2 in this offense. Just maybe not this year, considering how good his competition is. 

I think he's more DeVonta Smith than those guys. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:

Well we all heard KOC screaming "Day 1 starter!" on draft day in the midst of all the fist pumps and people bending over backwards to pat themselves on the backs after the Addison selection. It would be an upset if KJO beat out Addison to start opposite JJ. 

Why do you say this with such disdain? LOL. It's so bizarre, man. 

Anyway, I disagree. I think it would be more of an upset if Addison wins the WR2 job right out of camp. I expect KJO and Addison to be a sort of 2a and 2b early and then Addison to maybe take over later in the year. 

Just takes rookie some time to get acclimated, learn the routes, timing, etc. Remember, Diggs didn't start right away. Hell, JJ didn't even start right out of the gate. 

@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:

Why do you say this with such disdain? LOL. It's so bizarre, man. 

Anyway, I disagree. I think it would be more of an upset if Addison wins the WR2 job right out of camp. I expect KJO and Addison to be a sort of 2a and 2b early and then Addison to maybe take over later in the year. 

Just takes rookie some time to get acclimated, learn the routes, timing, etc. Remember, Diggs didn't start right away. Hell, JJ didn't even start right out of the gate. 
I'm just saying by the reaction of the room they clearly view Addison as an immediate starter. I find all the draft day theatrics comical and every draft room reacts like they just bartered an agreement for world peace. 

But yeah Diggs and JJ didn't start because Zimmer didn't believe in starting rookies. I don't think that's the same with KOC