Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: What's the story behind your username?
About 20 years ago (jeez) I got an xbox and was setting up my online profile. Wanted something to strike fear into the hearts of my enemies... but the name had to be unique and I was late to the party, so everything I came up with was long gone.
Just kept trying more and more crap, and even that was all taken. Finally I typed in pattersaur which is a riff on my name and a dinosaur and it got accepted and couldn't be edited. So that was that.

So I've pretty much kept it around because I know it sucks, but it reminds me not to take any of this too seriously.

I’m from the prairies of Nodak, and so I picked prairieghost because our resident pronghorn (aka antelope) are sometimes called prairie ghosts.

My avatar is my 8-year-old chocolate lab named Brodie, my second child, my best buddy <3

sometimes things dont need explanation... except for the part about me not being from San Diego.

oh,  and I have always loved the Vikings and the concept of the Punisher, somebody with nothing left to lose that rights wrongs despite the potential consequences.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
sometimes things dont need explanation... except for the part about me not being from San Diego.
A lot of us just assumed it stood for 'Jimmy into Submissive Domination'.....I mean, nobody judged. 

So South Dakota, ok.....that makes sense. 

:p 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
The Maroon Bells are twin mountains just west of Aspen in Colorado, and one of my favorite places on earth. I've camped, fished and backpacked in that area many times. When John Denver sang about Colorado, he was singing about this place.

Avatar is my daughter picking dandelions in the area. She's 16 now though, so might be time for an update. 

[Image: dawn-at-maroon-bells.jpg?h=699&q=85]

If there's a heaven on Earth, that picture has to be pretty darn close to it, right?  Best we can do here
Burgess Falls, Window Cliffs, Jack Daniels.  The water fall is probably 100'.  The widow cliffs are hard to see in that picture.  There's three of them.  And...who doesn't like a barrel house?

[Image: burgess-falls.jpg?w=700&h=500&s=1]
[Image: Window-Cliffs-Overlook.jpeg][Image: CHR_4818.jpg]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
A lot of us just assumed it stood for 'Jimmy into Submissive Domination'.....I mean, nobody judged. 

and we assumed that Submissive Domination game is how you ended up with StickyBuns,  but since this is a safe place,  again no judgement.  :p

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:

and we assumed that Submissive Domination game is how you ended up with StickyBuns,  but since this is a safe place,  again no judgement.  :p

Speak for yourself.  I'm judging. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Speak for yourself.  I'm judging. 
I try not to judge,  but i do give grades.