Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#222 RB DeWayne McBride UAB
Saw his highlights...good change of direction and does not go down easily.  Runs through arm tackles...strong.  Can stay upright in a crowd.

Stoopid value in the 7th...This guy will make the team. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Stoopid value in the 7th...This guy will make the team. 
Not only will he be part of the RB rotation, this pretty much seals Cook's fate that he is either traded or cut post June 1st. 

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
Saw his highlights...good change of direction and does not go down easily.  Runs through arm tackles...strong.  Can stay upright in a crowd.
So the exact opposite of Cook

Think a 7th rounder can't make it?

Terry Allen was drafted in the 9th round in 1990, a year after the Vikings traded for Herschel Walker. 30 running backs were taken before Terry Allen, 7 of whom never played a down. 

Herschel Walker was a bust. Allen was an All Pro. Allen cost the Vikings a 9th rounder. Walker cost them Jesse Solomon, David Howard, Issiac Holt, Alex Stewart, three 1sts, three 2nds and a 3rd. 

In fact, the only RB taken that year who had a better career than Allen was Emmitt Smith, a player the Cowboys drafted with the Vikings pick.  

Cursed I tell ya. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Terry Allen was drafted in the 9th round in 1990, a year after the Vikings traded for Herschel Walker. 30 running backs were taken before Terry Allen, 7 of whom never played a down. 

Herschel Walker was a bust. Allen was an All Pro. Allen cost the Vikings a 9th rounder. Walker cost them Jesse Solomon, David Howard, Issiac Holt, Alex Stewart, three 1sts, three 2nds and a 3rd. 

In fact, the only RB taken that year who had a better career than Allen was Emmitt Smith, a player the Cowboys drafted with the Vikings pick.  

Cursed I tell ya. 
I remember rooting for Allen...

Heart of a lion and a tenacious runner. 

I think it was the knee that ended that career?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Cursed I tell ya. 

If I remember correctly, there were multiple times he missed a game here or there, but nothing season ending, he played through it.  Then he couldn't any more, and was let go.  Twenty first pick 9th round and where is he today, HOF or just walking unassisted? 

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Cursed I tell ya. 

If I remember correctly, there were multiple times he missed a game here or there, but nothing season ending, he played through it.  Then he couldn't any more, and was let go.  Twenty first pick 9th round and where is he today, HOF or just walking unassisted? 
Terry Allen was awesome, and I loved him as a RB.  I do believe he had issues with both knees.  Too bad too; the guy was a real star player when healthy.

Terry Allen had multiple 1,000 yard seasons after leaving the Vikings.  They let him go because they had already drafted Robert Smith and didn't want to pay Allen when they thought Smith could take over.

Quote: @RS Express said:
Terry Allen had multiple 1,000 yard seasons after leaving the Vikings.  They let him go because they had already drafted Robert Smith and didn't want to pay Allen when they thought Smith could take over.
That's right!

Took Smith a # of years to get it together too; tonsils, ear infections and other kiddie ailments early on. Wasn't till years later we learned Smith was battling his other demons all those years as well.

They were both nice to watch.  

We talk about the storied history of Vikings DL and WR's, and that would be true.

We've also had some pretty good tailbacks over the decades. And a few Rick Fenney's too Smile