Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the bad rumors about Levis seem to be true....
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
Hopefully he's just not that good or we'll be looking at him the same way we do other guys we passed on like Hurts, Lamar (pain).
Let's not hope that until we know for sure he's not going to play for the Vikings. He could drop to the 3rd or even 4th round. At that point Vikings may get another shot. 
I think he goes early tonight.  Too much potential to drop to 3rd round!  
Just depends on the intel. And the Vikings have a lot of it considering their ties to both of his coaches. 
I don't think Levis is off their board, but he ultimately just isn't what they were looking for. It ultimately was Richardson/Stroud for them and that was kind of where the decision started and ended on first round QBs. Once you get to the 2nd round and beyond you're rolling the dice and hoping for a system fit and development with little to no expectation. Levis has the ability to develop but I don't see them giving up draft ammo to move up considerably since they clearly didn't see a surefire QB of the future there. 
If it's just about football, I think they're wrong. I don't care if he drops to the 4th round, I stand by my belief that Levis will end up the best QB from this class. And now he's got a Brady-like chip on his shoulder.

@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
Hopefully he's just not that good or we'll be looking at him the same way we do other guys we passed on like Hurts, Lamar (pain).
Let's not hope that until we know for sure he's not going to play for the Vikings. He could drop to the 3rd or even 4th round. At that point Vikings may get another shot. 
Just depends on the intel. And the Vikings have a lot of it considering their ties to both of his coaches. 
I don't think Levis is off their board, but he ultimately just isn't what they were looking for. It ultimately was Richardson/Stroud for them and that was kind of where the decision started and ended on first round QBs. Once you get to the 2nd round and beyond you're rolling the dice and hoping for a system fit and development with little to no expectation. Levis has the ability to develop but I don't see them giving up draft ammo to move up considerably since they clearly didn't see a surefire QB of the future there. 
Levis could absolutely wind being another Mettenburger, I have no clue. But I’m curious what you mean when you say he wasn’t what they’re looking for? What exactly are they looking for I wonder. And if the answer to this question is 4 more offseasons of will they/won’t they give Kirk more guaranteed money then I really may as well just start following the xfl!

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
Levis could absolutely wind being another Mettenburger, I have no clue. But I’m curious what you mean when you say he wasn’t what they’re looking for? What exactly are they looking for I wonder. And if the answer to this question is 4 more offseasons of will they/won’t they give Kirk more guaranteed money then I really may as well just start following the xfl!
I was told he wasn't a personality fit with with the coaching staff. So its more culture/personality than it is talent. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
If it's just about football, I think they're wrong. I don't care if he drops to the 4th round, I stand by my belief that Levis will end up the best QB from this class. And now he's got a Brady-like chip on his shoulder.
I'm with ya on Levis.  Brady-like or more sitting in the green room Rodgers-like chip!

@pattersaur said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
I was told he wasn't a personality fit with with the coaching staff. So its more culture/personality than it is talent. 
That would seem to suggest they won't take him at any point in the draft. IOW, maybe they really did take him off their board. I wonder how many other teams feel the same way. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@pattersaur said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
That would seem to suggest they won't take him at any point in the draft. IOW, maybe they really did take him off their board. I wonder how many other teams feel the same way. 
If Levis sat down with Kwesi and KOC and he pulled out a tube of mayo then squirted into his $8 Starbucks, they both probably thought wtf was that about? Yeah, maybe this just won't work...  B)

I do believe the "culture fit" ranks as highly as talent for this Viking team.   It's probably more important for their QBOTF than any other position.

The Vikings put a premium on character and culture, always have under the Wilfs. The QB is most often the face of the franchise. Seems Levis’s face wasn’t the right face for this franchise. If as Geoff says he wasn’t a character fit for our coaches then I’m all good with them not drafting him. They know their own staff and they know their lockerroom better than any of us, so I trust that it was the best decision for the Vikings. 

Now, if he becomes an MVP somewhere down the line, it’ll sicken us all won’t it? Can’t worry about that, though. There were teams in front of us that were looking QBOTF and they passed too….in fact, a couple passed twice….so we won’t be alone with our regrets, it would seem.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:
[Image: 1v65r254a2a4.jpg]

So they had concerns with Levis and some red flags  =)
That's just diva swag. JJ and Diggs both have it, so does this dude. Attitude and fire, they'll be great together.
He is a WR, so it goes with the territory.  I don't JJ is a diva, but IIRC he had a pretty outlandish outfit for draft day as well.

If the rumors are true that Levis isn't a fit then I am more than content waiting until next year in search of a QBOTF, unless they decide to trade for Lance sometime this weekend. Not a single QB, maybe other than Haener, move the needle for me.

Poor Will Levis.  Hung around all night with a bunch of hot women and couldn't get a date.