Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me? Not happy.
Quote: @Riphawkins said:
I was nervous they’d take Levis or Hooker in that spot. No matter what they do, people seem to not like it. Had Kwesi worked out a deal, some would say he didn’t get enough or xxxx was sitting there for the taking. Hard to please all the arm chair GM’s out there.
Oh God, yes. It's impossible. Damned either way for sure. 

Passing on Levis may come back to haunt them, but it's possible the Vikings just weren't as interested in QB as everyone thought. I don't think it was smoke, per se, just not as desperate for one as many assumed. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Riphawkins said:
I was nervous they’d take Levis or Hooker in that spot. No matter what they do, people seem to not like it. Had Kwesi worked out a deal, some would say he didn’t get enough or xxxx was sitting there for the taking. Hard to please all the arm chair GM’s out there.
Oh God, yes. It's impossible. Damned either way for sure. 
Every comment on here is from an armchair GM or HC.  Instead of just falling in line with management I like to question and add my two cents with an alternative solutionSmile

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Passing on Levis may come back to haunt them, but it's possible the Vikings just weren't as interested in QB as everyone thought. I don't think it was smoke, per se, just not as desperate for one as many assumed. 
I wouldn't say I'm doing cartwheels over the selection, but he'll add to the offense. I'm sure Minnesota tried to move down, no takers. Sometimes you just stay and pick.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
I wouldn't say I'm doing cartwheels over the selection, but he'll add to the offense. I'm sure Minnesota tried to move down, no takers. Sometimes you just stay and pick.
Yeah, something weird happened that delayed their pick. I think you're right that it was a trade down that fell through. The Vikings room looked frustrated until they actually made the pick. 

Apparently they didn't want Levis. None of the other teams did either. At least not in the first round. Hooker will probably go tonight. Don't think he will make it to the Vikings but could be an option if he does.
I think it is likely they will try to get another pick or two and concentrate on defense now.

@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Yeah, something weird happened that delayed their pick. I think you're right that it was a trade down that fell through. The Vikings room looked frustrated until they actually made the pick. 

My read as well. I just hope Addison can play and stay on the field and isn't a China doll like Tutu Atwell or Wandale Robinson.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

My read as well. I just hope Addison can play and stay on the field and isn't a China doll like Tutu Atwell or Wandale Robinson.
My concern as well.   He missed some games with injury and a small frame.  Not a real burner either I would have like Flowers better but he went right before.  

I think we are going to rue the day of passing on Levis and picking a slight-framed #2 WR.

Just an armchair GM opinion but I am not impressed at all.  

[Image: zpshj5fnzzcy.jpg]Our #2 WR

It's amazing how the older you get the way the draft changes in your mind. After 49 years of of being a Vikings fan I felt that this pick was great. Addison will contribute greatly this season, Levis or Hooker would not, and the 2023 season may be the final season I get to watch. Rebuild is not part of any discussion in my mind, if we draft a QB then I want him to start. Like it was stated; Our defense can't get any worse so our 2023 defense will be better than last year even if we don't draft one defensive player. Jordan Addison was the best pick we could have made. KAM is starting to redeem himself.