Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me? Not happy.
I like Addison but with Levis siting right there come on!  Option 1.

I would have liked a move down if we really didn't like Levis as option 2. 

option 3 - Addison or Porter in that order but not thrilled.

Only first round with no second rounder but two year in a row - armchair Yawn!

I am meh on it as well. If you weren't going to go QB, then I think it needed to be D.

I like the pick, believe Addison will thrive in the Vikes offense.

it's a good  pick   maybe no trade down partner

I was hoping for a  trade down to get a  defensive player and a second round pick.

a 5'11 173lb WR wasn't on my bingo card.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
I was hoping for a  trade down to get a  defensive player and a second round pick.

a 5'11 173lb WR wasn't on my bingo card.
this.

The Vikings were clearly trying to bail out, that's why they used 9:30 of the 10 minutes before they gave up and made the pick. Guess no one else wanted to dance.

I like the player, but after all the trade up/down and QB speculation, staying at 23 was a buzzkill.  Still, Addison fills a need and was the top WR at #15 in Daniel Jeremiah's prospect rankings.

I guess I'm... happily disappointed?  Glad they didn't force a QB pick that they didn't believe in, disappointed we couldn't swing a trade back and happy they filled a need without reaching for it. 

I don't like the situation around the pick. The Vikings went into the draft with 5 picks and a ton of needs. There was a lot of smoke about them going after a QB of the future, but it didn't seem like they had the ammo to make a move without mortgaging future picks and by passing on Levis and Hooker, we can assume neither were who they wanted. They still have some high profile players in Cook and Za'Darius Smith who could be moved and they have a ton of needs on D, especially at corner. A trade down would have helped, but it seemed like they couldn't work out a deal. That being said, I don't mind the Addison pick. WR2 was a big need and he seems like a DeSean Jackson type player. I like that he's a strong route runner and has a second gear, so hopefully he can do enough to keep opposing defenses honest, but with so many needs taking the 4th WR in a run doesn't feel very satisfying.

I'm not disappointed, as if they wanted a QB, 2 were there in Levis and Hooker. Addison should be a good addition. They just didn't have the ammo and nobody wanted to dance to move down, it happens. 

I was nervous they’d take Levis or Hooker in that spot. No matter what they do, people seem to not like it. Had Kwesi worked out a deal, some would say he didn’t get enough or xxxx was sitting there for the taking. Hard to please all the arm chair GM’s out there.