• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The time has finally arrived....
Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
I want to wake up tomorrow with presents under the tree, but there's a good possibility we get shut out (by trading out of day one). 

I wouldn't mind any of the 5 QBs (though Stroud would have me a little concerned). I wouldn't mind trading down for more picks. The only thing I don't really want is to stay at 23 and take a player I don't really "get," like Jordan Addison, Jalen Hyatt or Joey Porter. 
I agree with the first two, but why would you be opposed to JPJ at 23? I don't want to draft another 1st Round Corner, but I would be very happy if he fell to us at 23. 
I barely watched the corners this year. I've just read things about Porter that remind me of similar corners who busted in the NFL. Got all the size and speed you want (Okudah), but some folks question his toughness and instincts. "Soft" is a word I read. Some scouts question his work ethic and passion for the game. I'll take a smallish guy with instincts and passion over a prototype without them. Every time.

He's also limited. Doesn't fit in every scheme. Oddly enough though, one he does fit in is ours. So I could see him falling to us. And us taking him. It's not a cat through the TV pick but it's not a pick that will have me jumping for joy either. 
Have you attempted to throw a Cat through the TV on a bad pick you didn't like? My money is on the Cat.  :p
Ha! Not yet. But then I didn't own a cat when we picked Treadwell. Besides, I have 32 inch arms. Mouschi's reach is 8 inches at best and if you grab him by the paws he can't mess you up too much. 
So you are admitting arm length does matter?
Only at the line of scrimmage, the dinner table and cat fights. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
I want to wake up tomorrow with presents under the tree, but there's a good possibility we get shut out (by trading out of day one). 

I wouldn't mind any of the 5 QBs (though Stroud would have me a little concerned). I wouldn't mind trading down for more picks. The only thing I don't really want is to stay at 23 and take a player I don't really "get," like Jordan Addison, Jalen Hyatt or Joey Porter. 
I agree with the first two, but why would you be opposed to JPJ at 23? I don't want to draft another 1st Round Corner, but I would be very happy if he fell to us at 23. 
I barely watched the corners this year. I've just read things about Porter that remind me of similar corners who busted in the NFL. Got all the size and speed you want (Okudah), but some folks question his toughness and instincts. "Soft" is a word I read. Some scouts question his work ethic and passion for the game. I'll take a smallish guy with instincts and passion over a prototype without them. Every time.

He's also limited. Doesn't fit in every scheme. Oddly enough though, one he does fit in is ours. So I could see him falling to us. And us taking him. It's not a cat through the TV pick but it's not a pick that will have me jumping for joy either. 
Have you attempted to throw a Cat through the TV on a bad pick you didn't like? My money is on the Cat.  :p
That trade last year. If my cat would have been on my lap there would have been a cat sized hole in my tv. 

I hope Kam is better prepared this year. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

Lol, me too.  Cats have nine lives, and the Vikes only have five picks. The kitty might be safe until next year's draft.  B)