Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury returning
He's back, for better or worse, so it is what it is. Not sure there were significantly better options. Maybe they'll draft a center in later rounds and see if they can hit on something for the near future.

its a 3 year deal so gonna play like crap the first 2 years and then show marginal improvement on the 3rd year to get a new contract.

I see GB getting a lot of hate, not sure why though. Granted he's not Jason Kelce but for everyone pointing out the interior pressure let's not forget that Ezra & Ingram were in the top 3 of most pressures allowed for the season. Every time I watched the O-line it seemed like Ingram was getting destroyed right off the snap and Cleveland running around in circles trying to figure out what a stunt is.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
I see GB getting a lot of hate, not sure why though. Granted he's not Jason Kelce but for everyone pointing out the interior pressure let's forget that Ezra & Ingram were in the top 3 of most pressures allowed for the season. Every time I watched the O-line it seemed like Ingram was getting destroyed right off the snap and Cleveland running around in circles trying to figure out what a stunt is.
Ingram was BAD last year. If he improves the line improves. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I see GB getting a lot of hate, not sure why though. Granted he's not Jason Kelce but for everyone pointing out the interior pressure let's forget that Ezra & Ingram were in the top 3 of most pressures allowed for the season. Every time I watched the O-line it seemed like Ingram was getting destroyed right off the snap and Cleveland running around in circles trying to figure out what a stunt is.
I wonder how Cleveland was vs pass...He was getting slammed on local sports radio, but I temper that with consider the source. 

That whole IOL really needs to make strides. 

Soooooo tired of having to type that. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@AGRforever said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I wonder how Cleveland was vs pass...He was getting slammed on local sports radio, but I temper that with consider the source. 

Cleveland has been less than impressive ever since he moved from right to left guard.  What happens if you flip him and Ed around?  Wasn't Ed a LG in college?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
With Bradbury's return, the Vikings will return the same starting five OL for the first time in a decade. That line was Matt Kalil, Charlie Johnson, John Sullivan, Brandon Fusco and Phil Loadholt. 
Thank you for this. The reminder of that OL makes me happy to have the one we have now.

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@MaroonBells said:
With Bradbury's return, the Vikings will return the same starting five OL for the first time in a decade. That line was Matt Kalil, Charlie Johnson, John Sullivan, Brandon Fusco and Phil Loadholt. 
Thank you for this. The reminder of that OL makes me happy to have the one we have now.
i'm old enough to still appreciate:
Stringer, Dixon, Christy, McDaniel, Steussie

And really old enough to remember:
Yary, White, Tinglehoff, Riley, Goodrum

Hell, in 1975 and 1976 the MN Vikings lost a total of 4 frigging games....FOUR

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@AGRforever said:
@PurpleCrush said:

He was bad. Top 3 in pressures allowed along with Ingram. His run blocking is what made his PFF grade look good. I saw a few posts on Twitter suggesting he was going to make huge bucks on his next deal. Unless he fixes his pass pro, yeah no thanks.

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@MaroonBells said:
Right? It's all about context, isn't it? If you think that's bad, check out this line from early 2018, Cousins first year in purple....

LT - Riley Reiff (1st rounder, on his 2nd team)
LG - Tom Compton (6th rounder on his 4th team)
C - Brett Jones (Undrafted on his 3rd team),
RG - Mike Remmers (Undrafted on his 7th team)
RT - Rashod Hill. (Undrafted on his 2nd team)

And now...

LT - Christian Darrisaw (1st rounder on his 1st team)
LG - Ezra Cleveland (2nd rounder on his 1st team)
C - Garrett Bradbury (1st rounder, on his 1st team)
RG - Ed Ingram (2nd rounder, on his 1st team)
RT - Brian O'Neill (2nd rounder, on his 1st team)

And a reminder that it's still the youngest OL in the NFL  (all 27 and younger) in a year when all five 1st team All Pro offensive linemen were 31 and over.