Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury returning
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
He's serviceable, but his inability to anchor against bigger nose guards and tackles won't ever change. 
So true.  And the defenders of Cousins often point to the pressure up the middle as reasons for things happening sometimes.  But since it is a short deal they could still draft a center to develop like a Jake Andrews from Troy or Alex Forsyth from Oregon.

lemme see if i get this straight....so our highest paid players biggest job is to throw the ball, his biggest hindrance to date has been his centers inability to stop people from hitting said ball thrower when ball thrower is attempting to throw said ball... so instead of eliminating the biggest hindrance to the previously mentioned highest paid players ability to perform his primary task,  the team is keeping the obstacle in place and thus limiting the ability of the highest paid player to perform to his paid level.

makes sense now that our big FA add to date has been a run blocking TE.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
lemme see if i get this straight....so our highest paid players biggest job is to throw the ball, his biggest hindrance to date has been his centers inability to stop people from hitting said ball thrower when ball thrower is attempting to throw said ball... so instead of eliminating the biggest hindrance to the previously mentioned highest paid players ability to perform his primary task,  the team is keeping the obstacle in place and thus limiting the ability of the highest paid player to perform to his paid level.

Well we could have overpaid for another said hinderance past his prime, or drafted a new hinderance that has yet to be proven or we could go with the backup hinderances because they looked really good at hindering said player.

damned if you do, damned if you don't.  Got a decent C that the team knows for cheap.  

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Well we could have overpaid for another said hinderance past his prime, or drafted a new hinderance that has yet to be proven or we could go with the backup hinderances because they looked really good at hindering said player.

damned if you do, damned if you don't.  Got a decent C that the team knows for cheap.  
like I said,  makes sense when you look at why they signed another TE known for run blocking. GB is only a decent C if you look at his run blocking ability,  as a pass protector he is a liability and with an immobile 35 year old QB,  well shit get your popcorn ready,  this should be entertaining if nothing else... if you liked those old jacked up videos that is.

we should start a pool on how much longer Kirks ironman streak continues.

I mentioned in an earlier thread that maybe they could add 60 lbs to our new TE and put him at guard.  I was wrong, put 60 lbs on him and move him to center.

Garrett Bradberry, 1st round pick, the gift that keeps on giving.

Yawn . . . he will be viewed as a good pass blocker

as soon as we have a mobile QB who can escape the pocket 1 out of every 3 plays

@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:

like I said,  makes sense when you look at why they signed another TE known for run blocking. GB is only a decent C if you look at his run blocking ability,  as a pass protector he is a liability and with an immobile 35 year old QB,  well shit get your popcorn ready,  this should be entertaining if nothing else... if you liked those old jacked up videos that is.

We weren't at the bottom by a long shot.  We ended up in the bottom 10 in sacks allowed.  But IMO much of that was because we couldn't or wouldn't get a run game going.  We ended up being very one dimensional.  So improve the run game and our offense is rather unstoppable.  We were also the #7th ranked offense.  So despite being #8 in sacks allowed, our offense flourished.

@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Who was your guy at center? Just curious. 

Quote:
We weren't at the bottom by a long shot.  We ended up in the bottom 10 in sacks allowed.  But IMO much of that was because we couldn't or wouldn't get a run game going.  We ended up being very one dimensional.  So improve the run game and our offense is rather unstoppable.  We were also the #7th ranked offense.  So despite being #8 in sacks allowed, our offense flourished.
https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/c...acked/DESC

Cousins was sacked 46 times which  tied him for 3rd most in the NFL.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Who was your guy at center? Just curious. 
I didn't have one,  hadn't looked,  really a waste of time until FA starts.  But tell me what I'm wrong about,  do you think GB isn't a liability in pass protection?  Do you think he gets any push in short yardage situations?  He is a nice blocker in space,   good mobility,  but those are nice auxiliary features for an IOL,  their primary jobs are anchoring in pass pro and getting some push in the middle of the OL when needed and GB does neither,  so staying with him out if fear of losing those other skills, despite his other weaknesses is IMO a mistake.  I think we could likely have found as good or better from our own reserves  other sources for less.  Maybe not the athlete,  but more power and anchor.