Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jalen Ramsey
Quote: @savannahskol said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Not to suggest trading for Ramsey is likely but the Vikings would only be trading for his $17M base salary which could be restructured. So although you would be pushing money into the future they could add him for a $6M cap hit or so in 2023. After that its debatable how they'd make that work, likely with an extension. Although the cost would likely be higher if the Rams wanted to move up to #23 using their 2nd round pick #36 that could be an interesting deal.

Similar to the Hockenson deal in some ways where the Vikings are just moving around the board but picking up players in the process. That trade on the chart is worth a high 3rd round pick. 
Flores’  first significant move (as dolphins hc) was signing a CB for 5 yrs/81 mil — byron jones.  he also coached up CB x howard to probowl. 

with all the cap-clearing since this post, i’d love to see the vikes trade this yrs first for Ramsey. 

worried about trading firsts, for a proven all pro in his prime?  dont be. 
https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-jalen-ramsey-trade-with-jaguars-looking-like-one-of-most-lopsided-deals-ever-130043870.html
Draft picks are always overrated. Just look at the hit rate. Even for 1st rounders it's pretty ugly.

That said, I don't think Ramsey would be worth a 1st. The Rams gave the Jags two 1st rounders, but Ramsey was three years younger then, and still playing on his rookie contract. 

Ramsey now has a 5-yr, 105M deal and he'll be 29 in October. I don't think you get a 1st for that. It's the same reason the Vikings will likely take a 5th rounder for a 4X Pro Bowl back. It's about the contract. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@savannahskol said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Not to suggest trading for Ramsey is likely but the Vikings would only be trading for his $17M base salary which could be restructured. So although you would be pushing money into the future they could add him for a $6M cap hit or so in 2023. After that its debatable how they'd make that work, likely with an extension. Although the cost would likely be higher if the Rams wanted to move up to #23 using their 2nd round pick #36 that could be an interesting deal.

Similar to the Hockenson deal in some ways where the Vikings are just moving around the board but picking up players in the process. That trade on the chart is worth a high 3rd round pick. 
Flores’  first significant move (as dolphins hc) was signing a CB for 5 yrs/81 mil — byron jones.  he also coached up CB x howard to probowl. 

with all the cap-clearing since this post, i’d love to see the vikes trade this yrs first for Ramsey. 

worried about trading firsts, for a proven all pro in his prime?  dont be. 
https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-jalen-ramsey-trade-with-jaguars-looking-like-one-of-most-lopsided-deals-ever-130043870.html
Draft picks are always overrated. Just look at the hit rate. Even for 1st rounders it's pretty ugly.

That said, I don't think Ramsey would be worth a 1st. The Rams gave the Jags two 1st rounders, but Ramsey was three years younger then, and still playing on his rookie contract. 

Ramsey now has a 5-yr, 105M deal and he'll be 29 in October. I don't think you get a 1st for that. It's the same reason the Vikings will likely take a 5th rounder for a 4X Pro Bowl back. It's about the contract. 
Its hit rate and cheap contracts for 4ish years. Truth be told their rookie year all positions are acclimating to the nfl but hopefully you can get 3ish cheap years out of a rookie. 

I’m sure someone has done the math but I suspect you need 2ish starters out of each draft to remain competitive. When that number drops below 2 you struggle. When you hit a home run and get 3-4 you do very well. 

Sounds like he may be traded to the Dolphins…    

Dolphins with Howard and Ramsey gonna be tough.

We got Booth and Shelley or Peterson.  We good.

I read that they agreed to fully guarantee his contract for 2 seasons. File this under things you can do w/ a starting QB playing on his rookie deal.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
Dolphins with Howard and Ramsey gonna be tough.

We got Booth and Shelley or Peterson.  We good.
We don't even have Shelley. Little worried we haven't signed him yet. I can just hear his agent talking about all those insane corner stats he put up last year. 

I thought the price was going to come in around a late 2nd/3rd. Ramsey's strong preference for the Dolphins clearly drove it lower.