Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reich wants Evero

Bummer... :/

Down to Flores or Pettine now

It's gonna be Pettine. Flores has 2nd interview with Arizona Wednesday and is interviewing with Denver for DC position too

I don’t think Wade Phillips is busy…!  Wink :p  

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
It's gonna be Pettine. Flores has 2nd interview with Arizona Wednesday and is interviewing with Denver for DC position too
And the Vikings might just pull the trigger on Pettine sooner than that to avoid worse than now optics. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
https://twitter.com/sosarick/status/1622...6XdGCgf5UQ&s=19
WTF is right.  Did this guy not respect KOC or Kwesi enough to even interview?  Not looking good for OConnell, IMO.

Reserving judgment until the brass responds,   but this doesn't look good on the surface for our favorite team.  If they don't respond then this screams volumes IMO.

Tepper has deep pockets, probablly paying Evero a salary approching KO’C’s, we’ll find out. Carolina definitely has some pieces on D for him to excel with. 

Pettine truly is a mixed bag. He had great success with the Jets, and struggled with the Browns as their Head Coach but who doesn't. He had some great years with the Packers and also had some epic collapses in the playoffs. I do like that he is a Rex Ryan disciple. Although he gets considered as a 3-4 guy, Ryan's defense mainly used the 3-3-5 and in some cases a 1-3-7 in obvious passing downs to confuse the QB and the OLine on who was blitzing. We could certainly do worse. The advantage of hiring Pettine is that he would be here for several years which will give him, Kwesi, and KOC time to focus on the rebuild on that side of the ball. Evero will be one and done with the Panthers, and so would Flores if he doesn't get the Cardinals job this year. We need some stability on defense and he might be the best guy to bring that. My concern is what was he doing with Donatell? Was Ed so rigid that he wouldn't take advice from his Coaches? Who knows. I guess the fact he was fired after one season and Pettine is still employed is a strong indicator of where the problem was.