Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reich wants Evero
More competition for Evero's services. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...iro-evero/

Wow! Those comments at the bottom of the article are so antiVikings.

can you feel hope slipping away yet?

Hmmm, whats  a catchy name for Reich’s 3rd Head coaching regime(next) opportunity…? Anyone, anyone…???  Wink B)  

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1622...JtyWXFSYdw&s=19
Interesting that Payton interviewed him and is allowing him out of his contract to interview for other opportunities. Especially since it was widely known that Payton wanted Fangio as his DC and Evero runs a Fangio style defense.

So Evero is still a candidate for the head coaching gigs in Arizona and Indy still, but is also interviewing for the DC jobs in Carolina and Minnesota. I would think the Vikings would be running last on that list of preferences. 

"What's more is that Evero won't be returning to the Broncos, with a report from longtime Denver insider Mike Klis saying Evero "wanted a fresh start elsewhere" and that "all signs point to Evero as Vikes DC." 

Looks like the Vikings likely have their guy. If it is Evero, I'm still a little skeptical mainly due to scheme and inexperience. He had some really good pieces in Denver still in the cabinet after Fangio left and only was a coordinator for one season. Turning around this Vikings defense with limited draft capital and salary cap space will be a completely different beast. 

I was thinking that Evero wouldn't want to work with Payton because of his colossal ego

Even the slightest improvement with this defense under the circumstances will go a long way to boost his attractiveness as a Head Coach during next year's Coaching Carousel. I don't think he is a serious candidate in Arizona or Indy. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
"What's more is that Evero won't be returning to the Broncos, with a report from longtime Denver insider Mike Klis saying Evero "wanted a fresh start elsewhere" and that "all signs point to Evero as Vikes DC." 

Looks like the Vikings likely have their guy. If it is Evero, I'm still a little skeptical mainly due to scheme and inexperience. He had some really good pieces in Denver still in the cabinet after Fangio left and only was a coordinator for one season. Turning around this Vikings defense with limited draft capital and salary cap space will be a completely different beast. 
By all accounts he's got a great relationship with O'Connell and has a reputation as a good young coach who can connect with players.  He seems to fit the mold, hope we get him.