Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you trade a 3rd for Lance?
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
On Zach Wilson, it's my opinion that we don't know yet if he is a bust until he is put in the right situation to succeed. The Jets hired a defensive guy as their head coach, the supporting cast has been suspect and injured, and they just fired their offensive coordinator for his ineptitude. You hear it all the time relating to rookie quarterbacks that where they land situationally is the biggest precursor for future success. Wilson's situation has not been good, granted he hasn't helped matters either. But this is the kind if high upside guy you would want to take a shot on. Let him come in behind Cousins, no pressure to start, and let him sit and learn behind a veteran quarterback on how to be a pro with a real offensive minded head coach who played the position bringing him along. There might not be a better situation for Zach Wilson then in Minnesota 

Agreed, and I feel the same way about what this MN situation could do for Lance as well. IF KOC gave me the thumbs up for one of them, says I could work with that - I might be tempted if the price wasn't crazy. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
On Zach Wilson, it's my opinion that we don't know yet if he is a bust until he is put in the right situation to succeed. The Jets hired a defensive guy as their head coach, the supporting cast has been suspect and injured, and they just fired their offensive coordinator for his ineptitude. You hear it all the time relating to rookie quarterbacks that where they land situationally is the biggest precursor for future success. Wilson's situation has not been good, granted he hasn't helped matters either. But this is the kind if high upside guy you would want to take a shot on. Let him come in behind Cousins, no pressure to start, and let him sit and learn behind a veteran quarterback on how to be a pro with a real offensive minded head coach who played the position bringing him along. There might not be a better situation for Zach Wilson then in Minnesota 

Agreed, and I feel the same way about what this MN situation could do for Lance as well. IF KOC gave me the thumbs up for one of them, says I could work with that - I might be tempted if the price wasn't crazy. 

I think there's a fairly big difference between the two. It reminds me of that quote "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt."

Wilson talked. He started 22 games, was horrible, booed, benched and rumored to be on the trade market. I doubt that's even true, but the Jets have been looking for a QB since....hell, Namath! So if he is available, you can be sure the Jets are 100% convinced he'll never be a starting QB. Is it possible he can turn things around? You bet, but it seems unlikely. Plus there are the maturity concerns. 

None of that is true for Lance. He played in only a handful of games, and while he wasn't awesome, there's still a degree of upside there. 

And to further solidify my point, if Wilson didn't already have enough problems with the Jets...they just hired recently fired Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett as their new offensive coordinator. 

Purdy tore the UCL in his elbow against the Eagles, and he will now be needing Tommy John surgery and might miss most of, if not all of next year. Lance isn't going anywhere 

Hmmmm....

[Image: tom-brady-49ers-wide.png]

I still think Vegas is going to be tough to beat for Brady. 
I'm wondering if this once again brings up the Cousins to the 49ers chatter? We know the relationship there with Shannahan and thats a team buikt to win now. We need draft picks and the 49ers have three 3rd round picks, three 5th round picks, and three 7th round picks. Something to think about.. 

I'm wondering if this once again brings up the Cousins to the 49ers chatter? We know the relationship there with Shannahan and thats a team buikt to win now. We need draft picks and the 49ers have three 3rd round picks, three 5th round picks, and three 7th round picks. Something to think about.. 
Isnt SF going home for Brady?

Maybe I'm thinking this guy...

[Image: FANpUunWQAAvE-k?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:

It is and it will be very interesting to see what the 49ers do at QB with the Purdy injury. How confident are they in Lance on a roster that is otherwise Super Bowl ready? I can't see the bringing back Garoppolo so I'd imagine Brady and Rodgers would be high on their potential QB list if they don't believe in Lance. 

@purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:

It is and it will be very interesting to see what the 49ers do at QB with the Purdy injury. How confident are they in Lance on a roster that is otherwise Super Bowl ready? I can't see the bringing back Garoppolo so I'd imagine Brady and Rodgers would be high on their potential QB list if they don't believe in Lance. 
I don't know if it is so much they don't believe in Lance...  Shanahan has to see he has a Super Bowl ready team with McCaffrey, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk, and Bosa and company on defense.  Can they risk their window on Lance who is coming off an injury of his own?  Or do they make a trade for a proven QB (Cousins or Rodgers) or bring in Brady?

It's one of those things where I think the 49ers anticipated Lance taking over in 2022 and being that guy, but he's hardly played after they sat him his rookie year and he only played 1.5 games this year.  Now after making it to the NFCCG and losing cuz they were down to their 4th stringer...  Shanny might want a QB he knows is good and can count on to play all season (unlike Jimmy G, Lance, and Purdy).

What if Shanahan wants a Cousins reunion? Would you make that trade if the compensation is fair? With no 1st or 2nd round picks, it would have to involve some existing players and picks. Here is what they have. 
  • Round 3, Pick 99
  • Round 3, Pick 100
  • Round 3, Pick 101
  • Round 5, Pick 157
  • Round 5, Pick 166
  • Round 5, Pick 173
  • Round 6, Pick 217
  • Round 7, Pick 224
  • Round 7, Pick 249
  • Round 7, Pick 255
Their window to win it all is now. They just need a durable QB to Captain the Ship. I know a guy. 

I want Cousins as our QB, but I'm also a realist that we have too many holes on defense to be a Contender anytime soon.