Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you trade a 3rd for Lance?
https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethes...round-pick

Not sure I'd give up anything more for him. You've already lost 2 years of his rookie contract, he's not played much and only shown flashes, and he's coming off a broken ankle. With that being said I wonder how our staff feels about him.

First, yes I would consider it for sure if I were the Vikings. Secondly, I REALLY doubt that is the case. Lance is 22 years old. Miami walked away with the No. 12 pick in 2021, first-round selections in 2022 and 2023 and a third-round pick in 2022 so San Fran could get Lance. I don't think he's going anywhere in 2023 and certainly not for a 3rd round pick. 

If Purdy gets the 49ers to the Super Bowl with all that the Eagles are going to throw at him, he's their guy 100%. And I wouldn't blame them. So that might make the 49ers a little more willing to part with Lance sooner rather than later. I just don't see how some other organization won't give up more compensation. Its the NFL and GMs get desperate and stupid with QBs. 

I didn't think he was worth a first to begin with,  so no,  I dont think he is worth a third now.  His primary weapon is his legs,  he is not a pass first type of player so I don't see a long career for him.  This team has to many holes to waste a day 2 pick on a middling QB prospect.  I thought all along he was a day 2 prospect but knew somebody would over pay,  the fact that they gave up so much and would now take so little says its true.  If I am wrong then they would settle for so little.  Either way I doubt he gets moved,  especially for a 3rd round pick.   They don't control JG and would want some competition for Purdy.

It would be a waste of a third round pick. Fair chance of finding a potential starter with a third round pick.

Yes in a heartbeat.  If he was coming out in this draft he would be a 1st round pick so anything lower than that would be a win.  A lot of the comments here were similar to Josh Allen's career in Wyoming.  Big arm and legs but erratic, poor accuracy.  There is no reason to believe he wouldn't have the Niners in the same position they are in now with Purdy.  

Somehow this guy was good enough for Shanahan (maybe the best coach not named Reid) but not for posters here.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Yes in a heartbeat.  If he was coming out in this draft he would be a 1st round pick so anything lower than that would be a win.  A lot of the comments here were similar to Josh Allen's career in Wyoming.  Big arm and legs but erratic, poor accuracy.  There is no reason to believe he wouldn't have the Niners in the same position they are in now with Purdy.  

Somehow this guy was good enough for Shanahan (maybe the best coach not named Reid) but not for posters here.
The only reason I don't believe the 9ers would be in the NFCC game if Lance was QB is that their offense was middle of the pack or worse until Purdy became starter.  Jimmy G was a noticable upgrade over Trey, and I think Purdy is a noticable upgrade over JG.  Purdy faced a very tough Dallas D and didn't back down - not many "deer in the headlights" moments from that guy.

Kwesi gives away draft picks like they are Halloween Candy. Why not a 3rd?

I agree that the 49ers will hang on to him with everything they already gave up to go get him. Purdy and Lance will battle it out to see who starts next season. Especially if he comes back down to earth against the Eagles. We will see. I keep waiting for him to falter and he keeps proving me and everyone else wrong. 

Whoever it is, I think the Vikings need to take a swing on someone because adding a QB likely won't come out of the draft. We can not continue this cycle of not having a continuation plan at the position and allowing Cousins and his agent, for all intents and purposes, to hold us hostage. That's got to end. So whether that's taking a swing on Lance, Zack Wilson, or someone else... it's time to roll the dice and see if KOC can develop a young QB. 

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"Skodin" said:

The only reason I don't believe the 9ers would be in the NFCC game if Lance was QB is that their offense was middle of the pack or worse until Purdy became starter.  Jimmy G was a noticable upgrade over Trey, and I think Purdy is a noticable upgrade over JG.  Purdy faced a very tough Dallas D and didn't back down - not many "deer in the headlights" moments from that guy.
Lance only played one full game and a short time in the 2nd game before he suffered a season ending injury.

The Bears loss is Week 1 had torrential rain and Soldier Field was a mud pit.  Hard to glean anything from that game when the field conditions were terrible.  He threw 3 passes in Week 2 before getting hurt.

Lance is still an intriguing prospect. I'd have no problem giving up a 3rd round pick to acquire him.  

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"Skodin" said:

Lance only played one full game and a short time in the 2nd game before he suffered a season ending injury.

The Bears loss is Week 1 had torrential rain and Soldier Field was a mud pit.  Hard to glean anything from that game when the field conditions were terrible.  He threw 3 passes in Week 2 before getting hurt.

Lance is still an intriguing prospect. I'd have no problem giving up a 3rd round pick to acquire him.  
It might be worth a 3rd, but nothing he's done in the NFL shows it would be a slam dunk good pick.
Do you think the 9ers would be in the NFCC game with Lance instead of Purdy?  No way I do.  I'm not sure if JG gets past that Cowboys D without a pick or two.