Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jalen Ramsey
Quote: @AGRforever said:
Our defense is old, slow and expensive.  I know how to fix it!!!   Bring in someone old, slow and expensive!!!
Ramsey? Well, he's certainly expensive. So 1 outta 3 ain't bad I guess. And I'd say that our problem at corner isn't age, it's youth. The oldest corner under contract on our roster with any starting experience at all is 24 years old. 

Not to suggest trading for Ramsey is likely but the Vikings would only be trading for his $17M base salary which could be restructured. So although you would be pushing money into the future they could add him for a $6M cap hit or so in 2023. After that its debatable how they'd make that work, likely with an extension. Although the cost would likely be higher if the Rams wanted to move up to #23 using their 2nd round pick #36 that could be an interesting deal.

Similar to the Hockenson deal in some ways where the Vikings are just moving around the board but picking up players in the process. That trade on the chart is worth a high 3rd round pick. 

Ramsey is bitchy and fragile. 

I'm still of the opinion that if we are clearing cap space to become players in free agency or the trade market, we need to build this thing from the interior-out. Daron Payne would be the most impactful player we could get this offseason and I'd do whatever was necessary to acquire him. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Ramsey's contract is a 25 million dollar cap hit next season with a potential out in 2024. Otherwise, he is under contract in 2024 with an almost 27 million dollar cap hit, and an almost 23 million dollar cap hit in 2025. For a team struggling with cap issues and a quarterback situation to address, I don't know how we'd swing it. Dalvin Cooks cap hit on his contract is only in the mid teens as far as a cap hit. 

The Rams really went all in on their super bowl and mortgaged the future. It's easy to see why McVay has been flirting with "retirement" the last couple offseasons 
Ramsey's contract for the team that traded for him, as far as I can tell, would be:
2023:  $17M
2024:  $18.5M
2025:  $19.5M

The rams would be on the hook for the prorated bonus portions of the cap hits.

Quote: @medaille said:
@supafreak84 said:
Ramsey's contract is a 25 million dollar cap hit next season with a potential out in 2024. Otherwise, he is under contract in 2024 with an almost 27 million dollar cap hit, and an almost 23 million dollar cap hit in 2025. For a team struggling with cap issues and a quarterback situation to address, I don't know how we'd swing it. Dalvin Cooks cap hit on his contract is only in the mid teens as far as a cap hit. 

The Rams really went all in on their super bowl and mortgaged the future. It's easy to see why McVay has been flirting with "retirement" the last couple offseasons 
Ramsey's contract for the team that traded for him, as far as I can tell, would be:
2023:  $17M
2024:  $18.5M
2025:  $19.5M

The rams would be on the hook for the prorated bonus portions of the cap hits.
Its not bad money,  but if they don't fix the front 7,  the DBs won't matter at all.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I'm still of the opinion that if we are clearing cap space to become players in free agency or the trade market, we need to build this thing from the interior-out. Daron Payne would be the most impactful player we could get this offseason and I'd do whatever was necessary to acquire him. 
Indeed.  Building a team by burning capital on db after db, most of whom make no real impact, has gotten so old.  This is like the Groundhog day franchise doing the same thing over and over.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Our defense is old, slow and expensive.  I know how to fix it!!!   Bring in someone old, slow and expensive!!!
....and an a-hole

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@AGRforever said:
....and an a-hole
Yeah he seems like a douchebag, hard pass.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Not to suggest trading for Ramsey is likely but the Vikings would only be trading for his $17M base salary which could be restructured. So although you would be pushing money into the future they could add him for a $6M cap hit or so in 2023. After that its debatable how they'd make that work, likely with an extension. Although the cost would likely be higher if the Rams wanted to move up to #23 using their 2nd round pick #36 that could be an interesting deal.

Similar to the Hockenson deal in some ways where the Vikings are just moving around the board but picking up players in the process. That trade on the chart is worth a high 3rd round pick. 
Flores’  first significant move (as dolphins hc) was signing a CB for 5 yrs/81 mil — byron jones.  he also coached up CB x howard to probowl. 

with all the cap-clearing since this post, i’d love to see the vikes trade this yrs first for Ramsey. 

worried about trading firsts, for a proven all pro in his prime?  dont be. 
https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-jalen-ramsey-trade-with-jaguars-looking-like-one-of-most-lopsided-deals-ever-130043870.html