Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting numbers on Dalvin
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@kmillard said:
I think they are going to need his cap room to improve the rest of the team.
That would be the only reason. And the two guys in the wings: Chandler and Nwangwu. Mattison is gone.
The same thing that won't net much in return for cook stands to devalue Mattisons potential deals,  im guessing he still ends up elsewhere next year,  but if he wanted to stay they could make it happen.  I would be surprised to see both him and Cook gone.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@kmillard said:
That would be the only reason. And the two guys in the wings: Chandler and Nwangwu. Mattison is gone.
The same thing that won't net much in return for cook stands to devalue Mattisons potential deals,  im guessing he still ends up elsewhere next year,  but if he wanted to stay they could make it happen.  I would be surprised to see both him and Cook gone.
You could be right. Some cutting of salaries is going to have to happen to give KAM/KOC some flex room to do things their way. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@kmillard said:
You could be right. Some cutting of salaries is going to have to happen to give KAM/KOC some flex room to do things their way. 
I dont think we see AT or Cook here next year,  both would have to take huge cuts to net as much return as cutting them would.  I could see AT taking that type of hair cut before Cook given where they are at in their respective careers.

@kmillard said:
Not necessarily. If the Vikings want to clear cap space, Cook is one of the obvious targets. And if they move him, then they would likely try hard to sign Mattison, who would probably prefer to stay in Minnesota given the lead back opportunity. 

I hate to admit it because I'm not a big fan of Bradbury but Cook's decline in the second half of the season seems to coincide with Bradbury's injury. His mobility to pull and get to the second level is also a huge factor we've been missing since he's been out. We really need him back this Sunday. If we can run on the Giants that would open up a lot of options in the passing game.  

Quote: @TBro said:
I hate to admit it because I'm not a big fan of Bradbury but Cook's decline in the second half of the season seems to coincide with Bradbury's injury. His mobility to pull and get to the second level is also a huge factor we've been missing since he's been out. We really need him back this Sunday. If we can run on the Giants that would open up a lot of options in the passing game.  
Agree. Bradbury is key to our postseason hopes. Relieved that Reed played a fairly clean game in Chicago, so it won't be a total disaster if he has to play, but we need everyone on board.

The good news is that Ingram is playing much better, grading 82 in pass pro last week, and Oli Udoh has played well on the right, giving up only one pressure in the last two games. 

We didnt lose Bradbury until after the Jets game,   Cooks numbers seem very similar to the first 13 weeks of the season.  Also I know I brought up Cooks dancing behind the LOS a couple months ago in a thread where we were discussing reasons why the run game wasnt firing.  I dont think its much on losing Bradbury myself.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...okDa01.htm

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:
We didnt lose Bradbury until after the Jets game,   Cooks numbers seem very similar to the first 13 weeks of the season.  Also I know I brought up Cooks dancing behind the LOS a couple months ago in a thread where we were discussing reasons why the run game wasnt firing.  I dont think its much on losing Bradbury myself.

Regardless, neither Bradbury or Reed played against the Giants. Bradbury grades out much higher in run blocking than pass protection. Reed is the polar opposite. Which would you rather have starting this Sunday? My hope is that Reed has improved from getting thrown into the meet grinder in Green Bay and that his run blocking continues to evolve going into Sunday because I'm still not confident we will see Bradbury back this week. Unless he and the Vikings are keeping it under the radar, everything out of Bradbury's mouth has indicated he still isn't ready to play. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:

Regardless, neither Bradbury or Reed played against the Giants. Bradbury grades out much higher in run blocking than pass protection. Reed is the polar opposite. Which would you rather have starting this Sunday? My hope is that Reed has improved from getting thrown into the meet grinder in Green Bay and that his run blocking continues to evolve going into Sunday because I'm still not confident we will see Bradbury back this week. Unless he and the Vikings are keeping it under the radar, everything out of Bradbury's mouth has indicated he still isn't ready to play. 
Reed had never played C prior to that game,  I think he will only improve with reps.  I think our OL as a whole actually looked much better ( albeit against a disinterested bears team) in both run and pass pro last week.  Udoh seems to anchor better than ONeil, but I am certain he wont have the athleticism to handle the speedier edge rushers as ONeil has shown.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:
Agree. Bradbury is key to our postseason hopes. Relieved that Reed played a fairly clean game in Chicago, so it won't be a total disaster if he has to play, but we need everyone on board.

The good news is that Ingram is playing much better, grading 82 in pass pro last week, and Oli Udoh has played well on the right, giving up only one pressure in the last two games. 
Funny how Bradbury has become the king-pin of the line. When both he and Darrisaw play our run game has been good. When either or both miss time it's been a broken unit. So him getting on the field would be huge, assuming he can play at a high level. 

Taking it one step further, Bradbury has become a pretty key piece to the Vikings off-season plan. There aren't many other centers that would be an improvement in FA and its hard to go into the draft without a center. So will be interesting to see how that plays out. If they hit the FA market I think we'll be surprised by what both Bradbury and Irv will be able to get in a weak FA market. So it will be very interesting to see how the FO wants to approach that. 

Long-term the consideration is that you obviously need to keep Darrisaw and most would rank Cleveland > Bradbury in a hierarchy. So do they want to pay all 3 of those guys + O'Neill?