Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting numbers on Dalvin

Strange year for Dalvin. I still believe he is a top 5 back in the league, but his role has changed going from a run heavy offense to a pass heavy offense. I think one of the best aspects of Dalvins game is screen passes and we haven't seen enough of that IMO. 

I say trade him for a draft pick &  resign Mattison to a reasonable deal…

He's 27 years old
I think he can do more/better than what they got out of him this year
Dont think they utilized him well tbh
Do they keep him at the cap # he's at???

edit:
This is also the first year he hasn't missed games due to being hurt
He may be pretty fresh for post-season play

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
He's 27 years old
I think he can do more/better than what they got out of him this year
Dont think they utilized him well tbh
Do they keep him at the cap # he's at???

edit:
This is also the first year he hasn't missed games due to being hurt
He may be pretty fresh for post-season play
Lol, what makes you think he’s going to turn it around next week?

Other than his fumbling, which is a major irritant for me, I don't get why Viking Nation has turned on Cook so quickly. The dude still has plenty of gas in the tank. 

He has definitely been up and down this season. He had some amazing plays like taking the screen pass to the house to tie the Colts and the 81-yard TD to get back into the Buffalo game, but he also has had problems with fumbles and had 6 games with fewer than 50 rushing yards and 7 games with fewer than 15 carries. It feels like when the running game is not working this year, it completely shuts down. Not sure where the blame for that lies between Cook, O'Connell, and the OL or if it's just a consequence of a more pass oriented offense.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Other than his fumbling, which is a major irritant for me, I don't get why Viking Nation has turned on Cook so quickly. The dude still has plenty of gas in the tank. 
Did you read the OP…?  B)  & may I add his cap number for 2023 is $14,101,272…

Quote: @Kentis said:
@StickyBun said:
Did you read the OP…? 

I did. I don't think those numbers tell anything close to the real story. All of sudden he can't run anymore? He's still just as shifty and if he's lost any speed, its very minor. I guess I'll say its JMO. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Kentis said:
@StickyBun said:
Did you read the OP…? 

I did. I don't think those numbers tell anything close to the real story. All of sudden he can't run anymore? He's still just as shifty and if he's lost any speed, its very minor. I guess I'll say its JMO. 
he is dancing around more than I recall of him in the past,  this is often on him looking for a home run and not taking the yards that are there.   I would rather have a guy that consistently gets 3 to5 yards than a guy that averages 4 to 5 by having a lot of runs of negative to one yard gains,  and then rips off a 30 yard run to get his average up.   The way DC is running this year is IMO a big reason why our O has long streaks of poor play,  2nd and 10 or 3rd and 7 or what ever are tough rows to hoe when you do it over and over, its unsustainable offense.