Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOC exposed today
The last 4 years the usual suspects incessantly regurgitated the line "only stat that matters is wins". This year since they can no longer use wins for their agenda it's "defensively, we are worse.   Offensively, we are worse.  How are we better other than record? " 

Lol, other than wins how are we better? Did we miss the memo stating it's statistics used for deciding playoffs and not wins. Pick a lane and stick with it. Next year if the offense blows up and defense improves. But the team isn't winning we don't want to hear your "wins is the only stat" bullshit.

We get it, your man crush wasn't picked as coach, your guy for GM didn't get the job. They didn't sign and draft every player you would have. In other words you're the worst kind of fan. A fan who cares more about being right than the team winning. 

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
The last 4 years the usual suspects incessantly regurgitated the line "only stat that matters is wins". This year since they can no longer use wins for their agenda it's "defensively, we are worse.   Offensively, we are worse.  How are we better other than record? " 

Lol, other than wins how are we better? Did we miss the memo stating it's statistics used for deciding playoffs and not wins. Pick a lane and stick with it. Next year if the offense blows up and defense improves. But the team isn't winning we don't want to hear your "wins is the only stat" bullshit.

We get it, your man crush wasn't picked as coach, your guy for GM didn't get the job. They didn't sign and draft every player you would have. In other words you're the worst kind of fan. A fan who cares more about being right than the team winning. 
This. All I heard from the curmudgeon crowd is that Ws are all that matters. Guess not. The target of negativity keeps moving to fit the agenda. 

I think we all know the team is far from perfect. Not one fan has said as much. But in true Viking's fan fashion, some are so ready and willing to shit on the team the first opportunity given. I think this team won't go far in the playoffs. But I see real reasons for optimism moving forward. Legitimately with this staff, with the exception of D-coordinator.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:

This. All I heard from the curmudgeon crowd is that Ws are all that matters. Guess not. The target of negativity keeps moving to fit the agenda. 

I think we all know the team is far from perfect. Not one fan has said as much. But in true Viking's fan fashion, some are so ready and willing to shit on the team the first opportunity given. I think this team won't go far in the playoffs. But I see real reasons for optimism moving forward. Legitimately with this staff, with the exception of D-coordinator.
That’s a superficial understanding of what people were
trying to communicate.  Sure wins are the
only thing that matters in a season, but we’re not talking about past games, we’re
talking about what can be used as a predictor for future wins.  People can be happy about past wins, but
concerned that the way we achieved the past wins isn’t sustainable and isn’t a
predictor of future wins.  The argument
that came up in the past was that Cousins who routinely had good stats also
routinely had mediocre record.  One side
would argue that it wasn’t Cousins fault, he was just routinely put with a bad
supporting cast.  The other side would
argue that the one consistent factor was Cousins, so obviously something was sub-optimal
with Cousins that would cause him to not get wins, despite his good stats. 

Trying to go backwards and say that “Because we got wins,
that means everything is great, because obviously wins is the predictor for
more wins” is just non-sensical.  You’re
trying to figure out what caused the wins or not wins, and if that is cause for
you to feel hopeful or pessimistic of future games.

Quote: @medaille said:
@StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:

only thing that matters in a season, but we’re not talking about past games, we’re
talking about what can be used as a predictor for future wins.  People can be happy about past wins, but
argue that the one consistent factor was Cousins, so obviously something was sub-optimal

That's not what I'm saying. And if you ever read anything I've posted the last 6 or 7 weeks, you should understand that.

But its good to know that you get 'what people were trying to communicate'. 

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952yuq5grmy9ncm5ewjppk...w.gif&ct=g]

@medaille said:
@StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:

That's not what I'm saying. And if you ever read anything I've posted the last 6 or 7 weeks, you should understand that.

But its good to know that you get 'what people were trying to communicate'. 

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952yuq5grmy9ncm5ewjppk...w.gif&ct=g]
Firstly, why would you assume I keep track of what you post and know what your tendencies are?  I have a life, but more to the point, it kind of sounds like a problem that goes both ways.  I don't know what your intention is and you don't know what their intention is.  Just a bunch of "other" people who think wrong.

@bigbone62 said:

I am one who believes that wins and losses are the only stat that matters. The rest of the stats are individual stats in what is a team sport. I love the sport because it is a team sport. So if you take some players with great stats, and some with less than great stats, they are all contributors to the ultimate stat; wins and losses.

But this post, and a couple others in the past, and yes I read your posts, offends me. While the word curmudgeon describes me, old and a bit crusty at times, I would prefer you don't insult people because they are old! You can't neatly categorize people into a certain belief based on age, sex, race, religion, etc., etc.. But I don't care because I have seen you pull the age card before. And I'm too old to look it up! lol!

I agree with most of your takes. But I have been a Vikings fan since the beginning, and that makes me either a loser or someone who never gives up.

For all the deficiencies this team has, it has been a great season. They don't come along that often. I know that is the point you were making and I am on board with you there. The future seems bright.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:

I am one who believes that wins and losses are the only stat that matters. The rest of the stats are individual stats in what is a team sport. I love the sport because it is a team sport. So if you take some players with great stats, and some with less than great stats, they are all contributors to the ultimate stat; wins and losses.

But this post, and a couple others in the past, and yes I read your posts, offends me. While the word curmudgeon describes me, old and a bit crusty at times, I would prefer you don't insult people because they are old! You can't neatly categorize people into a certain belief based on age, sex, race, religion, etc., etc.. But I don't care because I have seen you pull the age card before. And I'm too old to look it up! lol!

I agree with most of your takes. But I have been a Vikings fan since the beginning, and that makes me either a loser or someone who never gives up.

For all the deficiencies this team has, it has been a great season. They don't come along that often. I know that is the point you were making and I am on board with you there. The future seems bright.

Umm, you realize I'm old as well? Which Ive also made fun of....myself. I don't need to pull out the card that I've been a Vikings fan since I can actually remember memories? 50 years? 

There are red asses and curmudgeons on this board. Offended? Sorry, but that makes me lol. I guess we now have snowflakes, woke culture and now #CurmudgeonLivesMatter. You don't have to be old to be a curmudgeon, its a mindset. That's my meaning. Especially with this team. 

[Image: pmd.988998438.71.9776729.s3.1-front-blac...00x800.jpg]

@jargomcfargo said:
@StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:

Umm, you realize I'm old as well? Which Ive also made fun of....myself. I don't need to pull out the card that I've been a Vikings fan since I can actually remember memories? 50 years? 

There are red asses and curmudgeons on this board. Offended? Sorry, but that makes me lol. I guess we now have snowflakes, woke culture and now #CurmudgeonLivesMatter. You don't have to be old to be a curmudgeon, its a mindset. That's my meaning. Especially with this team. 

Just so we’re clear. We’re all old here. Only old people still use message boards. The kiddos use alternative sources. 

@jargomcfargo said:
@StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:

Yeah I know. Was just being a wise ass and trying to be funny. Didn't work I guess.