Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOC exposed today
This so-called trick play from KOC for Cook pissed me off.

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1...J0ohk4b8bw&s=19

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@PapaScott said:
If Z sees that ball bounce of the lineman's head to begin the game and or dantzler catches the interception at the 3nd of the half and we are talking about kings of the north 
They are kings of the North. Are they great team? Hell no. Did anyone here think they would be superbowl champions this year? Hell no.
The Wilf's mandate was to win with what you have. Guess what? Kwesi brought in players to plug holes that were obvious weaknesses under the constraint of little to no salary cap space, and the coaching staff to make it work.
I don't know if being a bettor gives me a clearer picture, but it is painfully obvious to me, the Vikings don't have the players to be a superbowl champion. 
We lost a game to a good team and KOC can't coach, Kwesi didn't help the defense, and Donatell needs fired.
They aren't blameless. But they have taken an inferior roster, and won a lot of games. 
Like you said Papa, a different bounce of the ball or a timely pick and the conversation changes.
Reality is, they are Kings of the North and will hang a banner in their first year.
Regardless of how this year ends, that's a good start.
They are what they are but I stand by my belief that Donatell needs to go. He has done nothing to adjust the defense to the personnel. Yes they have had some very timely takeaways and yes they 10 - 3 but this defense is horrendous. 

Ahhh, I see. Poor Skodin. He's been waiting SO long to puke the bile. Hates Cousins and hates KOC, now we see what he's wearing. 

Good to know. Cousins sure sucked yesterday, didn't he?? And KOC getting cute at times....its fine until its not. The play where Cook was going to throw would have been considered 'aggressive' and 'creative' if it worked. The run game was shit all day, so he threw a wrinkle in. The onside kick was also very aggressive and if it had worked, kudos would have abounded.

Listen, the defense is the WORST in the league. It forces KOC to try risky shit to mitigate that shit D. Its not going to change this year, I said this weeks ago. KOC didn't have his best play calling game, but it wasn't a shit show either like some here are implying.

Our defense is indeed a shit show,  has been all season,  and we knew this going in,  especially yesterday with key pieces missing.  I didn't feel like the game plan was aggressive enough yesterday,   I felt going in we needed to score 35 or so to win and I didn't think they were playing to hang a lot of points.  Sometimes you just have to mash the gas and keep your foot down.  Numbers at the end suggest they did that,  but once again another empty third quarter and other points in the game where you just had to ask "why?".

Quote: @Skodin said:
That was one of thee WORST coaching games I've seen.  I hope he learns from this because being McVay's clipboard holder doesn't make you the next great coach.  His short yard to go coaching has been very very suspect all season.  Too many 3rd and 1s in shotgun.

Going for 4th and 1 today because your QB made the mistake on third?  And running out of shotgun?
Knowing that DET is a fake punt team, watching them huddle up on the punt fake and still getting beat by it?
Keeping the league's worst Guard in when he's got your QB killed?
Watching that guard whiffing on the RB to pass play on 1st and Goal?  WTF was the play call?

Then onside?  Seriously?  You know Detroit is running the first two downs, all you have to do is stop one passing play and you get the ball back with midfield VS giving them 10 yards from an easy FG.

Terrible, this defense is worst than last year.  This offense, statistically is worse than last year.  

And people wanted his Klown over Harbaugh.  We had a chance for Jim and Fangio, nope we got Mr cool and Donatell.  
Wow, is this for real? 

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@PapaScott said:
If Z sees that ball bounce of the lineman's head to begin the game and or dantzler catches the interception at the 3nd of the half and we are talking about kings of the north 
They are kings of the North. Are they great team? Hell no. Did anyone here think they would be superbowl champions this year? Hell no.
The Wilf's mandate was to win with what you have. Guess what? Kwesi brought in players to plug holes that were obvious weaknesses under the constraint of little to no salary cap space, and the coaching staff to make it work.
I don't know if being a bettor gives me a clearer picture, but it is painfully obvious to me, the Vikings don't have the players to be a superbowl champion. 
We lost a game to a good team and KOC can't coach, Kwesi didn't help the defense, and Donatell needs fired.
They aren't blameless. But they have taken an inferior roster, and won a lot of games. 
Like you said Papa, a different bounce of the ball or a timely pick and the conversation changes.
Reality is, they are Kings of the North and will hang a banner in their first year.
Regardless of how this year ends, that's a good start.
They are leading the North and while it looks like they will win the division it hasn't happened.  I'm not saying they won't , but stranger shit has happened.  
I won't get worked up or pissed at this team, been there done that, it does no good for anyone.  it's great to see something different from this year's team, full of surprises and fights until the end.  This year's success most likely ends short of all our hopes and with that it becomes even harder (1st place schedule) next year.  that loss was probably the best thing for them , keep the pressure on , remind them that they have to fight for everything.  the door is still open for them and they are fully capable to go through it.  if they don't , we are looking at a complete rebuild.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
That was one of thee WORST coaching games I've seen.  I hope he learns from this because being McVay's clipboard holder doesn't make you the next great coach.  His short yard to go coaching has been very very suspect all season.  Too many 3rd and 1s in shotgun.

Going for 4th and 1 today because your QB made the mistake on third?  And running out of shotgun?
Knowing that DET is a fake punt team, watching them huddle up on the punt fake and still getting beat by it?
Keeping the league's worst Guard in when he's got your QB killed?
Watching that guard whiffing on the RB to pass play on 1st and Goal?  WTF was the play call?

Then onside?  Seriously?  You know Detroit is running the first two downs, all you have to do is stop one passing play and you get the ball back with midfield VS giving them 10 yards from an easy FG.

Terrible, this defense is worst than last year.  This offense, statistically is worse than last year.  

And people wanted his Klown over Harbaugh.  We had a chance for Jim and Fangio, nope we got Mr cool and Donatell.  
Wow, is this for real? 
Yes and no one has actually discussed these poor decisions.  We were owned by a poorly coached team today and we make mistake after mistake week after week.  It's going to come back to haunt us, it did yesterday in a winnable game.

How terrible is our 3rd and short down package?  
How terrible is our OL that we have these running plays that historically are the worst in gaining 0 yards?  
Why is Ingram still in?  He's one of the worst performing guards in the league and the reason the Cook pass that wasn't was blown up.
3 minutes with 2 timeouts and we onside when its statistically low to get the onside?

We are statistically worse than last year's team on both sides of the ball and people wanted that staff on the street.   I am not sold on KOC nor Kwesi, I think they have been lucky to be where they are at this point.  

To the point about Cousins, he played great yesterday, loved his performance.  But then again, it's the same thing, last week shit, this week great.  That's the ride I was referring to with him.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@Skodin said:
@Riphawkins said:
It’s always funny to see the posts after a Vikings loss. KOC is a Klown? 10-3 is hardly proof any coach is a Klown.
It is a transitional year, new defensive scheme, some new player personnel, new staff. Figuring out which old guys are going to be around and which aren’t, and still be competitive because that’s what the Wilf’s want.
Harbaugh’s first one or two good years would be great, then he’d be the A hole we all really know he is and the whole team would fall apart.

But, I like your take better.
We are a couple of bounces from being the same team we were last year.

Defensively, we are worse.   Offensively, we are worse.  How are we better other than record?  JJ being the best WR in the league has bailed out this staff.   

yeah, I would hate to have a proven winner and a premier DC on this team because in a couple years it could blow up.
First you wanted off the Cousins ride, now KOC is a Klown. (Spelled with a K to show its KOC you’re talking about.) 
Cousins threw for 425 yards today, Jefferson caught passes for 212 yds. That’s without 2 starters on the o line, and the defense is down a couple of guys. 
10-3 is 10-3, no better, no worse. Maybe you should follow another team until they meet your standards.
Please 10-3 and it is all smoke and mirrors.  This team will get waxed by the top 3 teams in the NFC.  This team performs worse than last year's team on average except for wins which luck has been heavily in our favor.  Everyone wanted the last staff out for having better numbers than this year's team.  I get that he is a young coach but he made mistake after mistake yesterday, I hope he gets better.  

I have the right to be disappointed and I have the right to call out the under performance of the coaching of this team.  There is nothing innovative in the play calling here.  

Enjoy the ride until we get beat by 30 in the playoffs and embarrassed again.  Embarrassed by a RG getting blown up play after play (what was the point of signing REED?), a running game that is terrible, a defense that can't adjust.  

Don't tell me Harbaugh would be the same, he wouldn't

Fuck, he knew all week that they were going to try a fake punt.  How do you get punked like that?  How do you not have your team coached up for that?

4 years since a QB threw for 400 yards, 75%, no INTS and lost.
First 10-3 team in history to have given up more points than they have scored.
34% of our our runs have been for 0 or negative yards.

400+ yards given up in the last 5 games
-101 receptions allowed (tied for most)
-2, 108 yards allowed (t-most)
-74 explosive receptions allowed (2nd-most)

Is the defense all Donatell's fault?  Who brought him?  

the only reason people aren't disappointed in this staff is because we are lucky to be 10-3.  Statistics say this is a 6-7/7-6 team which isn't an upgrade from the last year.

Ridiculous overreaction, Skodin. I think educated people should be able to separate what went well and what didn't. With all due respect, your post sounds like talk radio. I figured you were hammered, but here you are again. :-)

Still, your point about the defense is well taken. We have to do something. Fire Donatell, play man, blitz more, I have no idea, but something has to change. That should be our focus. But Harbaugh? We're 10-3, swept the best division in football, headed for a division title, KOC is on every coach of the year list, we lose to Detroit, a game we weren't favored to win, and we should've hired Harbaugh? C'mon.