Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want off the Cousins ride
Here is an interesting comment from Kirk.  Wonder if his tough days are against good press coverage.  At least he knows what the issue is, perhaps the coaches can help overcome this.

"That was just a miss. Gave it too much," he said. "There were a couple [where] my feet were ahead of the play, so I'm hitching and my feet are telling me to release it, but the play hasn't really developed yet, so some of that's press coverage that slows down the route.
"They've got to negotiate the route. They're not running it on air, so the timing was something that I needed to go back and watch and make sure that I'm slowing down my drop," Cousins continued, "to make sure I'm not ahead of the read or ahead of the play."

Quote: @Skodin said:
@Mike Olson said:
He gets absolutely pounded on at LEAST one play every drive. Why would his rhythm be off????? LOL!
Oh give me a break.  He also puts himself in a position to get pounded every drive.  That's another reason why I think we are fooling ourselves with Charlie Brown here.  Pounded or not, he has tendencies that will hold this team back from putting a dagger in teams, winning in January.  His career has been the same, sometimes great teasing us with greatness, and a lot of shit play.  A lot of shit play despite having either great weapons or a very good defense.

He cleans up his play the defense isn't in the position drive after drive.  We had 90 yards in the second half, 90 with 70 being one drive.  That might win today but that's not a recipe for actual success.

I have zero confidence in him to be that guy because he's not that guy. 
Cool. 

I mean that’s a pretty damned fine defense that was giving up 17 points a game that we faced today. He was off and we won. 

I don’t think anyone is fooled here. I am no fool. I am looking at a first year coaching administration sitting there at 10-2. They may get bounced in the playoffs for sure.  But when your offense is consistently putting up 27 poibts in a game…. That isn’t where any problems are.

We have a brand new defense that isn’t anywhere near set up with the correct personnel yet. But we need to rip the QB that has orchestrated how many come back wins for us this year? Indeed give me a break.

And by the way…. He IS the guy, because right now he is the guy. Who else are you going to plug in right now? Seriously? Who? 

It was a frustrating performance from Cousins today. He started off 0 for 5, had quite a few throws that were not even close, had his usual issues with holding onto the ball for too long, and the offense went silent during the 3rd quarter. It was definitely not his best performance, but it's also fair to note that the Jets have a top 3 defense and their corners were holding onto the receivers all day, so it was not an easy matchup. He did step up in the 4th on the drive with Jefferson's TD, but he also had chances to close out the game with either a score or a first down and the offense failed to do that. It lead to a situation where the D had to stop 2 red zone stops in the final two minutes, which they did, but they should not have been put in that position.

In general, it is issues with offense struggles, but certain things like holding onto the ball too long and sailing on throws are definitely on Cousins, which definitely killed some drives today.

The fact remains, they need to get better in the 3rd 1/4, all those 3 and outs will get them at some point. A touchdown after halftime would have put the game away. Defense was on the field way too much in the 2nd half. Luckily they held the Jets to FGs on four straight drives. Vikings not being able to run consistently isn't helping. But yay they won, that is all that matters.

Kirk's accuracy has been inconsistent for a while now.  Throwing behind receivers and high at times.  He's been bailed out on a number of poor throws over the last month.  I've been waiting for it to come out that he is nursing some sort of injury to explain the poor accuracy on more throws than we would usually see from him.  The receivers have taken some big shots as a result of him not putting the ball where it should be.

Lol, we’re 10-2. 1.5 games out of the #1 seed. We’ve got the 2nd best record in the entire nfl. Are you not entertained?

That was the worst I've seen Cousins play since the Cleveland game last year. He couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle. But not every bad game needs to turn into an existential debate. Every QB has bad days. Rodgers has had several. Brady, Allen, Mahomes.

I haven't seen any news since the game, but he looked hurt to me. Wouldn't surprise me if he showed up on the injury report with some sort of problem he was trying to hide. 

Cousins wasn't alone. Jefferson didn't play particularly well either. Neither did Cook, or Hunter, or Z. And yet we still win. Weirdest season in memory. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
That was the worst I've seen Cousins play since the Cleveland game last year. He couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle. But not every bad game needs to turn into an existential debate. Every QB has bad days. Rodgers has had several. Brady, Allen, Mahomes.

I haven't seen any news since the game, but he looked hurt to me. Wouldn't surprise me if he showed up on the injury report with some sort of problem he was trying to hide. 

Cousins wasn't alone. Jefferson didn't play particularly well either. Neither did Cook, or Hunter, or Z. And yet we still win. Weirdest season in memory. 
In the beginning of the game, it looked like all the receivers from both teams had hands of stone...missed and dropped passes all over the place.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

For me too...

We've had glorious seasons and maddening ones.  I dont know what the F to call this one, more chapters to be written. 

I gotta remind myself there is a lot of football left to play and while we'll probably lock-up the North, the #2 seed is far from locked down yet