Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want off the Cousins ride
I do, he was terrible today.  This game should have been over mid 4th if we could have executed.  I get that he's tough, but damn man you make it way harder than it has to be.  White looked good today at 95% less the cost.  I would love to see what other QB's could do with the weapons this guy has had for the last 5 years.  It's who Cousins is, sometimes very good-sometimes very bad.  Like this team for the last 5 years.  Great for half a game, terrible for the other half.

The questions I have are, when will it ever change with this guy?  Does he need a perfect situation to win a Super Bowl?  And how do we get off this ride?

Cousins isn't the problem. The defense is the problem. But this wasn't one of Kirk's better games, no doubt about it. Those hellacious hits he took impacted his accuracy as the game went on. Zero doubt about that. 

Worst Cousins has looked all year. He missed numerous throws he normally makes.

Played less than his best against a good team and we still won. 

Just wish we could get consistent play out of Cousins.

Say what you want about Cousins, but his teammates love him. He's tough:

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/15...3577814017

It is being reported by Sam Ekstrom that he got hurt today but kept playing. He was definitely off today but don't know what exactly the injury is, he did take some shots. 

I get it, it was an off game him for him.  But the larger body of work shows a guy who looks great occasionally and terrible occasionally.  I can't imagine where he would have been the last 5 years without a premier NFL offensive trio around him.  

Cousins was the problem today, that defense isn't on the field drive after drive if he was executing.  Again, I don't see this team winning anything more than a wild card game with him, yet they can't deal him or refuse to draft a replacement for him, so how does it end?  

Winning Wild Card games is not good enough for the money he is being paid.

Quote: @Skodin said:
I get it, it was an off game him for him.  But the larger body of work shows a guy who looks great occasionally and terrible occasionally.  I can't imagine where he would have been the last 5 years without a premier NFL offensive trio around him.  

Cousins was the problem today, that defense isn't on the field drive after drive if he was executing.  Again, I don't see this team winning anything more than a wild card game with him, yet they can't deal him or refuse to draft a replacement for him, so how does it end?  

Winning Wild Card games is not good enough for the money he is being paid.
It doesn't all fall on Cousins.  First off he took some shots today and got right back up.  The 2nd half the play calling didn't seem like they were trying to drive the ball downfield as much as the first half.  Something was off with him today because his accuracy was shit, don't know if that hit in the firsts half was worse than reported but something definitely was off.

The defense was also part of the problem today, they came up big in the red zone time after time but between the twenty yard lines they were soft as jello.

As for players not being good enough for the money they are being paid, look no further than Hunter and Z Smith.  Absolute no-shows today. 

He gets absolutely pounded on at LEAST one play every drive. Why would his rhythm be off????? LOL!