Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow
I obviously don't put this loss all on Cousins, but he doesn't feel pressure until it's too late. Some QBs sense the pressure and move before it's more of a problem. By the time Cousins feels the pressure, he just folds for the hit. He does stand in to make throws only to get drilled, so he does show toughness, but his in pocket spidy senses just aren't honed in to avoid some of those sacks by getting out of the pocket or throwing the ball away.

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
I obviously don't put this loss all on Cousins, but he doesn't feel pressure until it's too late. Some QBs sense the pressure and move before it's more of a problem. By the time Cousins feels the pressure, he just folds for the hit. He does stand in to make throws only to get drilled, so he does show toughness, but his in pocket spidy senses just aren't honed in to avoid some of those sacks by getting out of the pocket or throwing the ball away.
the man is tough,  but his survival skills are simply non-existent.  he kind of reminds me of Rocky when he keeps sticking his jaw out there,  it gets hit,  he falls down, gets back up and we get to see the same thing over and over and over again... simply refuses to stay down and refuses to change what hes doing to try and avoid getting punched in the face.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PurplePastor said:
the man is tough,  but his survival skills are simply non-existent.  he kind of reminds me of Rocky when he keeps sticking his jaw out there,  it gets hit,  he falls down, gets back up and we get to see the same thing over and over and over again... simply refuses to stay down and refuses to change what hes doing to try and avoid getting punched in the face.
Many of Cousins best throws have come just before getting hit. But there's just such a sliver of difference between completing a pass and getting sacked.

I put a lot of that on the coaching staff for not adjusting the offense to feature more quick hitting passes. Even our best offensive lineman, actually the highest graded offensive lineman in the NFL, was getting beaten. But instead of recognizing this and adjusting the offense, we kept trotting out Rocky and his jaw for 5 and 7-step drops.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PurplePastor said:
Many of Cousins best throws have come just before getting hit. But there's just such a sliver of difference between completing a pass and getting sacked.

I put a lot of that on the coaching staff for not adjusting the offense to feature more quick hitting passes. Even our best offensive lineman, actually the highest graded offensive lineman in the NFL, was getting beaten. But instead of recognizing this and adjusting the offense, we kept trotting out Rocky and his jaw for 5 and 7-step drops.

Yup...Wunderkid didnt come through last night and neither did the players. But the staff didnt put the players in best position to win either 

Look, this game started with Cousins fumbling - I didnt even agree with winning the coin toss and NOT going on Defense first. 

Belichek is going to look at those Pollard runs and then at the LT for the Vikings and hit those hard on Thursday.

The purple better bounce back quick or they'll be 8/3 at the blink of an eye with a rough schedule ahead. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PurplePastor said:

Yep. I put this one more on the coaches failure to adjust than on Kirk, but Jimmy is right. Kirk is similar Eli Manning in the pocket. Given time he can make every throw. Without it? We’re toast. Coaches need to figure something out in a hurry before Thursday. Maybe more rollouts? Not sure what the answer is but Ingram getting bull rushed and Kirk trying to take long dropbacks with only Dalvin to pick up a rushing DT is not the solution. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PurplePastor said:

Yep. I put this one more on the coaches failure to adjust than on Kirk, but Jimmy is right. Kirk is similar Eli Manning in the pocket. Given time he can make every throw. Without it? We’re toast. Coaches need to figure something out in a hurry before Thursday. Maybe more rollouts? Not sure what the answer is but Ingram getting bull rushed and Kirk trying to take long dropbacks with only Dalvin to pick up a rushing DT is not the solution. 
there were so many yesterday its hard to keep track, but it was an obvious passing situation (down and distance) and KOC ( or possibly KC checked into it) called a play action pass... our OL was getting absolutely obliterated on every pass play and in an obvious passing situation they ran a play action pass which takes more time to get the ball out,  but it also puts Kirks back to the pass rush... man I about flipped shit,  but at that point I was like... why not.

and is that 2 games in a row where our O is flailing and we get the ball deep in our own territory inside of 2 minutes and KOC thinks it would be a good time to use his time outs?   Our O hadnt done a damn thing to merit confidence and coach once again uses timeouts to save clock only to punt the ball away and have the opposing team drive the field on our time and put up points?  Pretty sure thats how the bills got their TD right before half last week and the gurls got 3 yesterday.  at some point you have to look at the situation and not just what conventional wisdom is... when shit isnt going good,  just get to half time.... you dont give up points at half time,  Cousins doesnt get sacked at half time,  but you might just find a way to fix those things if you arent to far behind when you get there.

Most annoying part— and there were MANY— is that I consider Mike McCarthy a borderline nincompoop. So to get turned inside out by that guy makes me scared of what Belicheck might have for us.

I opened up the app and saw the score and didn't bother watching any highlights.  Funny thing, there was only one highlight on the Viking app, it was of a JJ catch.  That was it. 

The Cowboys D knew what we were trying to do, & they have the personnel to stop it. That D has superbowl capabilities imo… 

The Cowboys have built a defense that should terrify the rest of the NFLDan Quinn has built one of the NFL’s best defenses.
While that was evident before Sunday, that defense was on full display in the Dallas Cowboys’ blowout victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

note: good read on how they handled our O yesterday. Confused

https://www.sbnation.com/2022/11/21/23470784/micah-parsons-dan-quinn-trevon-diggs-dallas-cowboys

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PurplePastor said:
Some of those sacks by Cowboy players were coming through that offensive line untouched.  Cousins drops back and they're already there up in his mug...