Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this defense is horseshit
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
The pass rush really is awful and damn near non-existent.  I had my doubts about the personnel on this side of the ball coming into the year, now I have questions on the scheme too. 

I think the Lions’ OL is pretty damn good too…

the middle of the D is just wide open. I am trying to be patient knowing it is a new defense but damn....

Quote: @Kentis said:
@purplefaithful said:
The pass rush really is awful and damn near non-existent.  I had my doubts about the personnel on this side of the ball coming into the year, now I have questions on the scheme too. 

I think the Lions’ OL is pretty damn good too…
It is and so is Philly's...

Was not happy when we didnt get Ragnow - at all. Would have been a great local story too. 

Don't know how the Vikings are 2-1 with this lack of pass rush. Seriously. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Unbelievable, simply stunning 
This is how I felt. Did this just happen? The TD to Osborn just kind of bang, came out of nowhere. This is how Minnesota loses games, not wins them. KOC is an aggressive game caller and that's what you need in today's NFL because its SO easy to have 40 seconds left, 1 timeout and get in FG range. VERY easy.

I felt like the team stole one, which is usually what other teams do to Minnesota late. Like that feeling.

I'm still in disbelief we pulled a dub from that dog. And yes the defense needs work. 

But keep this in mind....Cousins pulled games out in the 4th quarter several times last year, too, only to watch his defense give it right back. So far this year, against three good teams, the Vikings defense has given up zero points in the 4th quarter. 

Which begs the question: is the incremental defensive improvement we see during the course of a game, what we might see from game to game as the players come to better grips with Donatell's philosophy? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I'm still in disbelief we pulled a dub from that dog. And yes the defense needs work. 

But keep this in mind....Cousins pulled games out in the 4th quarter several times last year, too, only to watch his defense give it right back. So far this year, against three good teams, the Vikings defense has given up zero points in the 4th quarter. 

Which begs the question: is the incremental defensive improvement we see during the course of a game, what we might see from game to game as the players come to better grips with Donatell's philosophy? 
Excellent point! 

How many games did that happen? I'll bet at least 4 or 5 of the teams losses were just that. 

We should win vs Jameis and Saints.

@MaroonBells said:

Excellent point! 

How many games did that happen? I'll bet at least 4 or 5 of the teams losses were just that. 

We should win vs Jameis and Saints.

Damn you!!!  Its all over now.

Detroit has a real offense.  They put up more points against the Eagles than they did against us.  Maybe, just maybe, the NFL favors the offense.  That and maybe Zimmer was a good defensive coach when he had CBs and a pass rush.

Quote: @greediron said:
Detroit has a real offense.  They put up more points against the Eagles than they did against us.  Maybe, just maybe, the NFL favors the offense.  That and maybe Zimmer was a good defensive coach when he had CBs and a pass rush.
He was. Zero doubt about it. But he was passive in attacking offensively with a lead. That's not the modern NFL. Look at the difference with KOC saying he was going for the TD to win, it made Detroit's ability to really comeback almost zero.