Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: knee replacement.
Quote: @96POPS said:
Doing my own PT. Kinda afraid to overdo it. That may be why I’m hurting so bad today. lol
Hey Pops, hope you are well. Its all about the PT, my man!! Hit it hard so you get that full range of motion.

trying to walk as mich as possible and do my siple exercises but it just makes the swelling go up. no way i could go wet a line now . lol
Well I will be praying for a speedy return to pain free mobility for ya.

Update: I’m feeling much better today. ran a little fever yesterday and even though I have a pump the admisters pain mesicine to my knee it doesn’t help a lot when i do my PT or walk around. It helps some but the swelling is bad after a little PT. I found the key yesterday. trying NOT to take the oral pain killer is a mistake. I took it more for the fever yesterday as it has Acetaminophin in it. iI don’t like to take any pain medicine but i found yesterday that taking it with the pump lets me work the knee and do the PT much better and lessens the swelling and pain so that i can continue the recovery. Today I’m feeling much better the knee is not tight and a lot less pain. Im walking much easier and able to do more. Even though I have a high tolerance for pain, that is not the key. The key is that ithe Hydrocodone relaxes the muscles and reduces swelling so that i can do more PT comfortable. So , if anyone is considering knee replacement there is the key. Thanks guys and i hope we helped each other.  Gotta rehab so i can get the other one sone before hunting season. Lol

Glad to hear you are recovering and Brian is doing fine.

Hit the PT hard and get back to living the life you enjoy.

Glad you are on the other side of the surgery Pops. And so glad you are back on here again! Im loving Brian being back with 96 questions. Please tell him how much we love it and to keep it up!
”keep ahead of the pain” with the meds, as they say, and heal up fast.

Update: Too slow for me!!! A lot of pain and swelling. be prepared to spend time in the bed but not resting, instead doing exercises. Which can be exhausting and painful.
I’ll update more if anyone wants it. I know training camps have started and preseason is about to start. So I don’t want to clutter the board with non-football stuff. i just wanted to see if anyone had been through this and any info you could give me to cope or prepare for. i also wanted to give info to those who may be considering this procedure. If anyone would like me to continue with updates or not.
Or rather just the final outcome. Just let me know.
Either way, SKOL BROTHERS and SISTERS!!!!! Hoping for a great season!!!!!

Update: for what it’s worth i told some of you i woud keep you up to date on progress, in case someone wants to have this done and wants to know what to expect. First of all be prepared to spend most of the 1st week with intermittent pain, mosty due to sweling. I’ve spent a lot of time in bed, but while in bed I’m not getting much rest. constantly doing exercises to strenghten the leg and especially my quad. Don’t let the pain medicine wear off completely. I’ve tried not to use the prescribed medication all the time but only in the morning and at night when I’m ready to go to sleep. in between i take Acetaminophen. I t is definitely up and down. One day good one day bad. I walk every hour for about 10-20 minutes. yesterday i felt good and got up for about 2 hours and went running around in the truck, big mistake, leg swelled badly and made the rest of the day miserable.
Well, just thought i would update. i know training camps have kicked off and this is not related to football so i will ask if anyone wants more updates or just a final outcome?
take care and good luck Viking fans!!! SKOL BROTHERS and SISTERS!!!!!!

Sorry about that. i thought i lost my post.

Great to hear from ypu pops.  Hope your knee heals up.  You got grandkids to keep up with.  

Update: Too slow for me!!! A lot of pain and swelling. be prepared to spend time in the bed but not resting, instead doing exercises. Which can be exhausting and painful.
I’ll update more if anyone wants it. I know training camps have started and preseason is about to start. So I don’t want to clutter the board with non-football stuff. i just wanted to see if anyone had been through this and any info you could give me to cope or prepare for. i also wanted to give info to those who may be considering this procedure. If anyone would like me to continue with updates or not.
Or rather just the final outcome. Just let me know.
Either way, SKOL BROTHERS and SISTERS!!!!! Hoping for a great season!!!!!

Pops, My Father is reading this thread though not a member.  He needs both his knees replaced and getting first hand information like this is quite helpful.