Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: knee replacement.
hHey everybody, long time no see. Wasn’t sure y’all would allow me back

You know you are always welcome here. Are you getting a knee replacement? 

Well, that didn’t work out. I’ll try it again. i just had my right knee replaced yesterday and have talked to several people on their experience and when the ain subsided. Actually how long was it before you felt comfortable. I’ll be having the left one done as soon as this one heals.
I honestly haven’t paid much attention to football since Brian retired (believe it or not). Except My Longhorns, not much to brag about there. However Brian just landed a job with the Longhorn Neywork as art of their Game Day crew. So I’m sure I’ll be watching more of that. So glad they brought the 96 Questions back too.

Very happy for Brian. I think everyone is different regarding pain. My mom had a knee replacement at 76 and hip replacement at 78. She was up walking around the same day and ready to go home lol. Good luck with your recovery. Very important to do the exercises the doctor gives you. Also good luck on the next one. I have read that it can take 3-6 months to resume regular activity. You said it was done yesterday but give it some time. My mom didn't want to hear that either lol. Be well and take care of you. 

Hey Pops, long time. Interested in how the knee replacements go for you. My Ortho doctor wants me to get one but I keep putting it off. Cortisone shots kinda working for now. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Hey Pops, long time. Interested in how the knee replacements go for you. My Ortho doctor wants me to get one but I keep putting it off. Cortisone shots kinda working for now. 
That’s where I was. I’ve been taking the shots for over 3 years . They’ve been bone on bone for about the last year and half. Contemplated Stem cell and that would have been out of pocket as insurance wouldn’t pay for it. $2k eacjh knee. Shots stopped working and i hot to where i couldn’t hardly move and when i did it was limited. So I went for it. let you know how it goes. mMy Dad is 88 and had partial replacement on one knee. He was walking quickly but still limps a lot. I’ve heard some say the first 2 weeks they wished they had never had it done, and after that they wondered why they didn’t do it sooner. That said i guess I’ve been in bad shape for 3-4 years whats another month or 2. lol

Hey Pops, good to hear from you.  My wife just had a hip replacement in December, and it's a lot like a knee...it's mechanical and recovery is relatively rapid.  Listen to your doc and PT.  Her hip and that part of her giddyup is a ton better than it was before.  (Of course, in April, she had a spinal fusion, something they found looking for something else, but they had to fix it.  No horseback riding this year for her).  There are other issues, but a knee replacement, compared to a lot of other surgeries is cake.  You'll be up in the mountains climbing for elk before you know it.

Doing my own PT. Kinda afraid to overdo it. That may be why I’m hurting so bad today. lol

Good to hear from you Pops,  as long as you can walk down the dock to get in the boat and climb a ladder to a tree stand i think you will be fine,  but they say its important for the rehab to get back to normal activities as soon as possible so go wet a line. 

trying to walk as mich as possible and do my siple exercises but it just makes the swelling go up. no way i could go wet a line now . lol