Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Had to put my dear buddy down...
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@BigAl99 said:
I am prepping now,  have a 13 year old Lab, and she is dramatically slowing down.  Best dog I have ever had the privilege of having, did a double retrieve the first time I had her out, and it just got better after that.  Just keeping her comfortable, is the main thing.  Going to have to kennel her next month, luckily we have a great place, they let her be the office dog.  

My condolences
Al
It's a privilege when you get that special one. It is a sad time when you see the end coming, I get it. Sorry you're having to go through it.

I hope you can find some moments/times when you can park that sad and enjoy her while she is physically with you. 

Putting our guys on Movoflex when they got older made a marked difference for them. 

Thanks for the recommendation, just had her bloodwork done and she is on Rimadyl and Glucosamine Sulfate.  We had great results with that combo the last time around.  Just enjoy the day.  She's done hunting, and pretty worthless working on the car, can't tell the difference between a 3/8 and a 1/2 drive socket.  So we'll just listen to some Twins games this spring.   

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@BigAl99 said:
I am prepping now,  have a 13 year old Lab, and she is dramatically slowing down.  Best dog I have ever had the privilege of having, did a double retrieve the first time I had her out, and it just got better after that.  Just keeping her comfortable, is the main thing.  Going to have to kennel her next month, luckily we have a great place, they let her be the office dog.  

My condolences
Al
It's a privilege when you get that special one. It is a sad time when you see the end coming, I get it. Sorry you're having to go through it.

I hope you can find some moments/times when you can park that sad and enjoy her while she is physically with you. 

Putting our guys on Movoflex when they got older made a marked difference for them. 

Thanks for the recommendation, just had her bloodwork done and she is on Rimadyl and Glucosamine Sulfate.  We had great results with that combo the last time around.  Just enjoy the day.  She's done hunting, and pretty worthless working on the car, can't tell the difference between a 3/8 and a 1/2 drive socket.  So we'll just listen to some Twins games this spring.   
We put our older one on Hemp Glucosamine for a couple of years before she passed and that seemed to help her mobility. Vet didnt seem to think there was pain so that was reassuring

Gotta love labs, my two goofball black lab brothers were 4 in January, act like they’re still only 6 mos…  sorry for your loss @purplefaithful 

Last fall my 65 lb lab woke up the whole house as a Black bear ripped the gate off the deck and jumped up.  Queenie hit the sliding glass door so hard I thought she'd go right through.  Ole bear left burnout marks in the yard beating it back to the woods.  I've been on a two month remote jobsite can't wait to get back to see the wife and that goofy dog

Circle of Life...

Born Easter Sunday 

2 boys/2 girls. Picking him up in June is the plan. Should be a nice, blocky 90 lb'er. 

Baton down the hatches! 

[Image: viojhwzlvnis.jpeg]

Dang I am sorry to hear that bud. Worst part of being a pet owner is knowing you have that responsibility. You gave em a good life bud. And likewise.

Say hello to Wilbur...8 weeks old and full of puppy.

Brought him home a few days ago. He's just starting to settle in a bit. 

Our universe and home order have been nuked for the time being. The 12 year old is starting to tolerate him a bit more. 

We're happiest when he's in this state lol! 

[Image: 2xxzeiv8r3tu.jpg]

Our universe and home order have been nuked for the time being. The 12 year old is starting to tolerate him a bit more. 

My wife and I can't do puppies anymore, PF.....they are nightmares. Our current is a rescue we adopted at 3 years old and he was plug and play. He's been an amazing dog (in my profile pic). When this one passes, we'll rescue another adult dog from the pound. 

Puppies are cute as hell, but f#$k the puppies..... B)

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

My wife and I can't do puppies anymore, PF.....they are nightmares. Our current is a rescue we adopted at 3 years old and he was plug and play. He's been an amazing dog (in my profile pic). When this one passes, we'll rescue another adult dog from the pound. 

I get it...We thought about it 100 times till we pulled the trigger. 

Our breeder is now in her 70's and she wont be doing this forever . We wanted 1 more from her. 

Rescue dogs can be just awesome - great for owners and the dogs (win/win)

@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

I get it...We thought about it 100 times till we pulled the trigger. 

Our breeder is now in her 70's and she wont be doing this forever . We wanted 1 more from her. 

Rescue dogs can be just awesome - great for owners and the dogs (win/win)
I totally understand. My point is really that puppies for the first 6-8 months are a nightmare. Crying, shitting, pissing, freaking out when you leave them alone (like Amber Heard).