Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury put on 15 lbs
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
He's a bust, move on from this bum.

I hope JC Tretter is our late July signing
I'm sure he'll still be available. Not being able to practice a single time last year because of his knees won't be appealing to too many teams. I actually think it's more likely Bradbury improves than we go down the Tretter road, but we'll see. 
I mean the guy didn't practice and still was a top performing center.  KAM knows him, if there is doubt that BUSTburry isn't the guy, what's it going to cost to bring Tretter in?  Probably not a lot at that point.  At worst he's depth and if he can't go, let him go and source a back up out of the RG competition

Quote: @medaille said:
I’d guess the new coaches came in and gave him a different
set of opinions as the old coaches as to what the ideal body type they’re
looking for, but I think the real question is can the coaching staff improve
the OLine in general.  I think the OLine
coaching we previously had, left a lot to be desired.  Hopefully an offensive minded staff can get a
little more out of Bradford.
Now don't be coming in here with logic and reason, there is a former high draft pick to be skewered.

Quote: @medaille said:
I’d guess the new coaches came in and gave him a different
set of opinions as the old coaches as to what the ideal body type they’re
looking for, but I think the real question is can the coaching staff improve
the OLine in general.  I think the OLine
coaching we previously had, left a lot to be desired.  Hopefully an offensive minded staff can get a
little more out of Bradford.
That better not be a blown knee omen. 

By all rights this offensive line really should be at least top half. I mean I know they're super young, all of 'em. Youngest in the NFL last season, probably again this season too.

But they go 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd. That's not very common in the NFL and that kind of investment should eventually pay off. Maybe this will be the year....he says...again. 

I also said early last year that if the regime was replaced, some new regime is going to get credit for a much better OL when those high picks eventually pay off. To paraphrase Belichick, Rick bought the groceries, let's see if the new coaches can make the dinner. Or something like that. 

You might have the best pair of young tackles in the league.   You need middle of the road middle OL and you have a top 10 line.

I remember the last time our underperforming 1st round OL draft pick  decided that he needed to add weight because he was getting bitch slapped by the opposing DL.... that turned out so well... I think this sounds like a move of desperation to save his career,  I just hope that the extra weight doesnt lead to future problems for him.

So that should add about .015 seconds to the time it takes him to land in Kirk's lap.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I remember the last time our underperforming 1st round OL draft pick  decided that he needed to add weight because he was getting bitch slapped by the opposing DL.... that turned out so well... I think this sounds like a move of desperation to save his career,  I just hope that the extra weight doesnt lead to future problems for him.
That's exactly how I feel....

[Image: USATSI_8998705_168380616_lowres.jpg]

I just want to know what the hell he was doing at 295. At the senior bowl he measured 6-2.7 and 304. At the combine he was 6-2.9 and 306. If you look at the best zone centers in the NFL, that's plenty big. Bigger than most actually. 

So what was he doing at 295? I'm not convinced that weight/strength was his biggest problem, but it's not like his first two seasons argued FOR a lighter, faster Bradbury. 

What's more, beef and ice cream? OK, fine. But muscle weighs more than fat. If he had come in three years ago on a plan to add 15 lbs of muscle, he'd be there by now. And all of it would be useful weight and power in his back and lower half instead of a spare tire around his gut. There was no coach or trainer guiding any of this?  

Most of these guys aren’t fat pieces of shit after they get done playing. Added weight comes from diet and working out, and is difficult for some to maintain it. After their playing days are over, a lot of these guys slim down and are normal weight. Carrying the extra isn’t natural and your body naturally sheds it through exercise, which these guys get a lot of.
Why didn’t Bradbury put on or keep those extra lbs? Maybe the previous staff wanted him lighter? Who knows, but I’m hoping he has better instruction from his coaches and trainers and gets better.