Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury put on 15 lbs
Trying to be more stout against nose tackles. Said he's eating everything not nailed down to keep it on. See, that's the issue: its really not natural for him. We'll see, I guess. He's saying the right things, said he loves Minnesota and is hopeful for a good year and to sign a contract. My question on this is why did he wait so long to put on weight? Why as a last ditch effort? I'm rooting for the guy, as he seems really ernest to improve his play but I don't see it happening. 

Beef and ice cream. Breakfast of champions. If that's the key to putting on weight, my son should be 300 lbs by now.

Extra weight can't hurt, but I don't think that's his biggest problem. Might help mitigate whatever his problem is though. 

Stress eating?

Added weight doesn't translate into more strength, better anchoring or improved technique...

Thing is, it's not sustainable to keep the unnatural weight (eating habits) throughout the season. I think if you talk to 80% of NFL players, they'll tell you by the end of the year they've all lost some natural weight. Bradbury will be lucky to keep that 10 pounds through training camp and into the first 3 weeks of the reg. season.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
Thing is, it's not sustainable to keep the unnatural weight (eating habits) throughout the season. I think if you talk to 80% of NFL players, they'll tell you by the end of the year they've all lost some natural weight. Bradbury will be lucky to keep that 10 pounds through training camp and into the first 3 weeks of the reg. season.
Agreed. I almost added what you said here in my original post, but didn't. If adding 10 lbs. of weight was going to make a difference, he would have done it in Year 2. 

He's a bust, move on from this bum.

I hope JC Tretter is our late July signing

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
He's a bust, move on from this bum.

I hope JC Tretter is our late July signing
I'm sure he'll still be available. Not being able to practice a single time last year because of his knees won't be appealing to too many teams. I actually think it's more likely Bradbury improves than we go down the Tretter road, but we'll see. 

I’d guess the new coaches came in and gave him a different
set of opinions as the old coaches as to what the ideal body type they’re
looking for, but I think the real question is can the coaching staff improve
the OLine in general.  I think the OLine
coaching we previously had, left a lot to be desired.  Hopefully an offensive minded staff can get a
little more out of Bradford.